Collapse

Is it just me?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me?

Have seen alot of posts lately with members looking for remarkable prices for unremarkable clubs.

Am I off here or is the apprecaited value of yesteryear's offerings going up?

I understand that baseball cards and wine apprecaite but a deshambled GBB epic with asking tag of 375?

I'm not looking for flak here or recommendations that I find a wee pillow to cry myself to sleep on.

I saw someone just list a set of Mizuno Mp60s for 250 and thought to myself, "A realist"

I may be in need of enlightening and am open to conversation on this.

Agree completely. Posters List clubs for ridiculous prices and then have to bump their posts over and over because obviously no one is prepared to pay the ridiculous asking price. For some strange reason they don’t seem to catch on that their asking price is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionworld View Post
      Agree completely. Posters List clubs for ridiculous prices and then have to bump their posts over and over because obviously no one is prepared to pay the ridiculous asking price. For some strange reason they don’t seem to catch on that their asking price is crazy.
      A buddy of mine was a real estate agent. He would review a property to be listed for sale with the owner and ask, "Do you want to list it or sell it?" A very astute question.

Comment

Pre-pandemic I was having a great time scouting used clubs and equipment at thrift stores. I’d find the odd deal on Kijiji also. The 2020 golf surge seems to have affected more than just tee time availability.

Comment

Appreciating the comments and comforting knowing I'm not alone in seeing trends. Good anaolgy with real estate prices. We live in a nice area of Georgian Bay. Home value assessments have sky rocketed but the catch is unless you have a builder, and a lot already purchased, you're still just getting gouged in the end. Maybe that's the key. Befriend a club builder. And sell and reinvest in heads and shafts😢 Be safe .

Comment

Originally posted by pdl16 View Post
            Have seen alot of posts lately with members looking for remarkable prices for unremarkable clubs.

Am I off here or is the apprecaited value of yesteryear's offerings going up?

I understand that baseball cards and wine apprecaite but a deshambled GBB epic with asking tag of 375?

I'm not looking for flak here or recommendations that I find a wee pillow to cry myself to sleep on.

I saw someone just list a set of Mizuno Mp60s for 250 and thought to myself, "A realist"

I may be in need of enlightening and am open to conversation on this.
            Closer to an optimist. The classic line from some is:

"Just looking to get back what I paid."
            King Cobra F9 10.5* , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
            King Cobra F9 16.0*, UST Helium A Flex
            TXG Custom, T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
            TXG Custom Mizuno CLK 23*, Tensei Red CK 60 R
            TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
            Mizuno S-18 50*, KBS Tour 120 R
            TXG Custom Eye 2+ BeCu 53*, Accra Tour 90i

TXG Custom Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, Accra 90i
            TXG Custom Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth ES 58*,S300
            Seemore FGP, 34"

Comment

I like how some sellers comparison shop for you by saying how the same item is listed for more in eBay, but then you look at completed sales and scratch your head.

Comment

Originally posted by chromer View Post
                I like how some sellers comparison shop for you by saying how the same item is listed for more in eBay, but then you look at completed sales and scratch your head.
                Very true. As a frequent seller I may say huge savings or deal here or there, but leave it at that. But if it's a true gem then I join the bidding war as well. Golf clubs to me are like Chanel bags to wifey.

Comment

Pre-Covid I searched through and regularly bought from Global, Avenue and ebay, but those venues are laughably priced now.. I'm primarily a retro- player and vintage-collector. I've now confined my searches to secondhand shops like Goodwill, Sally Ann, Value Village whose vintage prices are realistic and where, if you know your stuff, the occasional gem can be found. I walked out with a near mint 8802 Wilson a week ago for $3.50 plus tax.

these youtubers have started a trend.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRfjuWY0rsY
                  Last edited by bl8d; Dec 5, 2020, 10:06 AM.
                  things change

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                    Pre-Covid I searched through and regularly bought from Global, Avenue and ebay, but those venues are laughably priced now.. I'm primarily a retro- player and vintage-collector. I've now confined my searches to secondhand shops like Goodwill, Sally Ann, Value Village who's vintage prices are realistic and where, if you know your stuff, the occasional gem can be found. I walked out with a near mint 8802 Wilson a week ago for $3.50 plus tax.

Lol,that was my thing to do all winter when I lived in ajax,I don't look for much but a new driver is allways tempting.

Comment

Sure am glad I picked up a bunch of new to me clubs at start of this year. Pricing right now is nutty - but this will pass. Happy my bag for now. Have moved a couple of extras, priced things fairly and had no issues getting buyers 😉

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                        Pre-Covid I searched through and regularly bought from Global, Avenue and ebay, but those venues are laughably priced now.. I'm primarily a retro- player and vintage-collector. I've now confined my searches to secondhand shops like Goodwill, Sally Ann, Value Village whose vintage prices are realistic and where, if you know your stuff, the occasional gem can be found. I walked out with a near mint 8802 Wilson a week ago for $3.50 plus tax.

Small world.
                        I found a brand new Wilson Staff 8802 lefty couple weeks ago on the bay. Confirmed shipping available to the best of the Americas then started the bidding . Bidding closed at around $280 USD. Apprecaited value. Maybe not in this case as a Mona Lisa of putters. Something that pretty should only be close with a Pro V1. I'm going to broaden my search scope. As a new set of MP 32s may be gold. An 8802 for 3.50 is Fantasy Football Championship Gold!

Comment

Right now it’s simply supply and demand.

There is an Epic in the BST right now for $250. But if you’re just looking for sympathy for bargain hunting, I’m sure you’ll find it from other likeminded people.

Anyone comparison shopping on eBay you probably aren’t considering exchange rate, eBays tax, shipping cost, a poor PayPal exchange rate/fees, duty, and brokerage fees. You are also going to have to wait a few weeks for your purchase, and you are going off pictures.

The correct spelling is ‘appreciate’ and you aren’t really using it properly anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by RutgersKev View Post
                            Right now it’s simply supply and demand.

There is an Epic in the BST right now for $250. But if you’re just looking for sympathy for bargain hunting, I’m sure you’ll find it from other likeminded people.

Anyone comparison shopping on eBay you probably aren’t considering exchange rate, eBays tax, shipping cost, a poor PayPal exchange rate/fees, duty, and brokerage fees. You are also going to have to wait a few weeks for your purchase, and you are going off pictures.

The correct spelling is ‘appreciate’ and you aren’t really using it properly anyways.
                            Good points.
                            The closing/listing fees with Ebay, etc. are high and should be considered.
                            Thanks for the grammatical assistance. Shows me for putting my faith in an android. Will be mindful and proof read before posting next time. If I missed a comma or coma there, my bad

Comment

Absolutely the price of used clubs has gone up. This year it was to my advantage, as I cleared out a bunch of stuff.

A few years ago I bought a used set of Ping s59 irons from 'veryold' poster here, for $200, which was a fair price at the time. At the start of this season I upgraded my irons ( Ping i500s), so was left to sell the old ones. I was happy if I got $150 after using them for a few years. Sold them within hours of listing for $350. Madness

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X