Collapse

Greetings!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I hope we all have a nice holiday and happy new year!

I had a 2 year hiatus from golf when my son was born but now I'm getting back into the game that we all love.

When I stopped golfing 2+ years ago I had a 12 handicap and this year I registered a 18 handicap on a total of 6 rounds but felt better every time I got out.

I'm currently playing a Taylormade R9 driver (I know, it's a relic but I hit it straight and 250 yards consistently).

My 3 & 5 woods are taylormade RBZ.

My irons are something that I'm going to change out this off season. I've been using Callaway X22 irons and even though they play fairly well, I cant stand the amount of offset they have and I feel like I'm ready for a more "workable" set of irons.(leaning towards Mizuno).

I'm playing a taylormade Z Spin 52° & 60° wedges and an old Callaway rusty forged 56° that I love.

My putter is a mini T Oddessy that I've had forever but it works and the feel is great! (For me)

Sorry for the long post but as some of you may realize, I'm pretty pumped to get back into this beautiful game once all the snow melts!

Cheers!

Welcome to the Nut Bunch!!
    U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Welcome to the group
      Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
      23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
      6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
      52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
      Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Welcome aboard.
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Welcome, sounds like you are serious to get really into this year. Hopefully by the time the courses open, some normalization returns.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

only 70 some odd days before spring arrives! I am also using a very old driver, and like you, getting over 100mph clubhead speed ...something about the old technologies.
            CGTF Pro member
            Sim2 max irons
            Callaway razr driver, Callaway Xfairway 3/5 woods
            Cleveland RTX4 54, 58
            Odessey 2TenBall
            Sun Mountainview C130
            Axglo Flip-n-go

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
              Welcome, sounds like you are serious to get really into this year. Hopefully by the time the courses open, some normalization returns.
              Yes! I'm definitely eager to get out. There is a golf simulator that just opened around the corner from me but because of the lockdown, its closed 😥

Comment

Originally posted by ac99 View Post
                only 70 some odd days before spring arrives! I am also using a very old driver, and like you, getting over 100mph clubhead speed ...something about the old technologies.
                I would love to get a new one but I'm not sure the gains are worth the $. Being consistent is more important to me then gaining 10 yards on my drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylordre View Post

I would love to get a new one but I'm not sure the gains are worth the $. Being consistent is more important to me then gaining 10 yards on my drives.
                  exactly
                  CGTF Pro member
                  Sim2 max irons
                  Callaway razr driver, Callaway Xfairway 3/5 woods
                  Cleveland RTX4 54, 58
                  Odessey 2TenBall
                  Sun Mountainview C130
                  Axglo Flip-n-go

Comment

Welcome Enjoy the Nuts.
                    Canada
                    Callaway Epic GBB Accra F 260 M3