Collapse

Golf for a 4 year old

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf for a 4 year old

I was recently in Mexico chatting to someone who's 7 year old got into golf through some program in Niagara Falls that uses over sized wedge and balls for younger kids to learn the fundamentals. He said they have competitions and apparently his son made to some national tournament in Las Vegas. Anyways I'm kicking myself for not asking the name of the program as I have a four year old son and I think something like this would be great for him. I have tried searching online but can't find much of anything other than normal Golf course junior camps.

I live in Milton so something local would be great but I am open to hearing other options.

Thanks!

sounds like something the first tee offers.

Comment

Pretty sure geared to golf does some little kids stuff but they are in Oshawa and Ajax

Comment

Originally posted by felsteinb@hotmail.co View Post
        I was recently in Mexico chatting to someone who's 7 year old got into golf through some program in Niagara Falls that uses over sized wedge and balls for younger kids to learn the fundamentals. He said they have competitions and apparently his son made to some national tournament in Las Vegas. Anyways I'm kicking myself for not asking the name of the program as I have a four year old son and I think something like this would be great for him. I have tried searching online but can't find much of anything other than normal Golf course junior camps.
        I live in Milton so something local would be great but I am open to hearing other options.
        Thanks!
        What you describe sounds like SNAG golf, Starting New at Golf.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SNAG golf.png Views:	1 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	2723685

www.snaggolf.com

www.snagcanada.com

It is Worldwide but the only location I see in Canada is in Vancouver. The closest location I see is at Cherry Creek GC located in Shelby, Michigan (www.cherrycreekgolf.com/)

From SNAG's description you could buy the equipment and start to do the teaching yourself.
        Last edited by 4underthru9; Jan 25, 2018, 11:24 PM.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I started with a double sided club so I could choose which way was best for me. Same thing I did with hockey.

Callaway Blayne Standbag:
          TaylorMade M1 9.5*
          TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
          TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
          TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
          Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
          5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
          Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
          Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
          Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

If Credit Valley in Mississauga isn't too far check out what Doug Lawrie has to offer. I know he does a Monday night summer program for young kids. SNAG golf is the best for kids to learn with.

Comment

Been trying to get my 4 y/o to play ANY sport as he's so uninterested. He saw my clubs and took an interest, so I mentioned I would find him a junior set and he hasn't stopped talking about it for days. First thing he says when he wakes up is "Daddy did you buy my junior set last night". He calls them hockey clubs, but I better get buying him a set ASAP while he has interest.

Comment

North Halton (in georgetown) uses snag in their junior program. Not sure what the schedule looks like for the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
                  If Credit Valley in Mississauga isn't too far check out what Doug Lawrie has to offer. I know he does a Monday night summer program for young kids. SNAG golf is the best for kids to learn with.
                  You beat me to it, Doug is wonderful for the kids and one young lady won the Masters, drive, chip and putt this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
                    Doug's programs are only for members and relatives at CV (or so I was told)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X