Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Year Old Phenom Preston Cowie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Year Old Phenom Preston Cowie

Hey Nuts!

I hope I've tossed this in the proper category (if not be sure to kindly direct me where to properly post this). I'm super excited to share the news that recently the youngest little golfer that I'm very fortunate to work with took home 1st place for the World's Greatest Golf Swing in the UNDER 3 category! Yes...you read that right under three! The contest was conducted by Little Linksters and announced at the 2018 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, FL. The panel of judges included amazing names such as Jack Nicklaus, Annika Sorenstam, Michelle Wie and Charlie Rymer.

It's been such an awesome week and a bit for his family and close friends to see all of this unfold and the media attention that is starting to come along with it. He's made a brief appearance on The Golf Channel, Global News, and his Father Scott had a great interview with CBC Radio One late last week. I've attached links to both the interview with Scott along his newspaper article published in the Toronto Star so anyone interested can check it out; Be sure to tune in tomorrow at 8:40AM as he'll be live on Breakfast Television and an extended segment which I was very proud to be a part of one 5PM edition of CityTV news.

Expectations are still kept at a bare minimum (especially at his age; only turned 3 late December), and it's more so a team effort in supporting the wonderful passion the little guy has for the game. I think the real reason this has all garnered the attention it has is cause we are so used to/immune to child stars in hockey and it's truly one of the youngest instances we have seen with one of our own in golf.

Be sure to support his progress (@preston_henry_golf) for those on Instagram or follow along for a behind the scenes look at tomorrow's journey on @chrisskidmoregolf on Instagram as well.

Highlight, copy and paste the second link below into browser to watch his submission video. For some reason the link doesn't directly work.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...g-contest.html

https://youtu.be/nOrd6EiS9lg
    Last edited by Skidmore; Feb 6, 2018, 06:40 PM.

Good acceleration through the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by alwayslooking2buy!! View Post
      Good acceleration through the ball.
      It's truly remarkable!

Comment

I love how he's posing (smiling back at the camera) at the top of his backswing, unbelievable and very funny at the same time. I am sure we will see him at Augusta soon enough.
        M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
        M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
        Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
        Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
        TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

Originally posted by Hope469 View Post
          I love how he's posing (smiling back at the camera) at the top of his backswing, unbelievable and very funny at the same time. I am sure we will see him at Augusta soon enough.
          It really is haha. Never gets old watching it! And who says you have to keep your head down lol. Few more years away from Drive, Chip, Putt elgibility for Augusta , but fingers crossed his love for the game stays strong. Always happy to just support wherever it is his little feet take him

Comment

Amazing! I hope he stays interested but wish him luck whatever he does. What a swing!
            In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
            Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
            Titleist 910 F2 19*
            Titleist 913H 24*
            Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
            Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
            Vokey SM6 58*
            SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse