Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking with Kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree with the recommendation of Mill Run Highlands. A very walkable course. One that kids can enjoy, but that will allow you to use all or most of the clubs in your bag. Some nice scenery/vistas. No water in play. Little to no 'forced carries'. Rarely too busy. And relatively inexpensive. They may still have their program allowing a child to play free with an accompanying adult.

Comment

" will allow you to use all of the clubs in your bag." I smile when I read that. Any time that Bob Weeks reviews a course on TV, he makes that claim.

Comment

Started walking a short 9 hole course with my 7 yr old son. Great bonding time with him. Definitely worth while as it sets up a tradition for years to come. A push cart is the way to go if the course is larger.

Comment

I am proud to say that our course is VERY kid/child friendly and we have many kids there on a daily basis be they our junior members, from the packed , daily kids golf camps or with their parent(s) taking advantage of the very popular children play for free at twilight with a $39 adult green fee.

we have also introduced a new set of Silver tees and our 'Tee It Forward' project makes for a more enjoyable round for players in transition. For younger golfers, seniors, and those just learning the game, the reduced yardages make the game fun for everyone with a modest reach of approximately 150 yards off the tee. Par 3s are within reach, Par 4s play 300 yards or less, Par 5s play 450 or less yards.
          Last edited by Weirfan; Dec 7, 2018, 02:49 PM.
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

We started golfing on course when my boy was 6 and he walked a short course in Thornbury and even played an extra 9 as he was pretty pumped after clearing the water with a drive right after I sent my wedge into the pond.
            Only played 9s after that in the city but walking is the best imo.

Comment

I bought my son this push cart which his junior golf bag worked perfectly with. It's light and maneuvered easily enough that he had no problem walking a full 18 which he did a number of times this past summer. Sadly, he just received a new full size stand bag so this one has reached its end of (useful) life.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 165,108   Posts: 1,729,807   Members: 45,784   Active Members: 170
              Welcome to our newest member, JWhiz.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
              X