/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Is a 200 yd drive for a 9 year old unusual?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better have the kid tested for PED
    Rip it and Sip it

Comment

Originally posted by spinaltap View Post
      I wouldn't say that a 200 yard drive is unusual for that age bracket, a lot has to do with physical development at that age. His background in hockey is probably helping him. I'd say what was more unusual would be that there were no 14 or 15 year olds at the camp that couldn't out drive him? No offense to your son of course. 14 and 15 year olds boys should have gone through a fairly significant growth spurt or developmental change thanks to puberty. So they should be physically taller and "stronger" at that point. Having said all that, good for your son to kicking their a**es

As posted above, the winner of the 9 year old age division in the biggest junior golf "skills competition" in North America hit it 183, so I would say 200 is fairly unusual for a 9 year old, regardless of hockey experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
        Was he swinging a PXG?
        Do you hate on all brands you can’t afford as hard? Seems to me like you take every chance you get to take a dig at pxgs, I think deep down you want a set but you don’t have the coin lol

pretty happy with mine, broke par for the first time a couple of days ago hitting 15/18 greens in reg, can’t say I regret the purchase one bit

Comment

Originally posted by parbreaker View Post

As posted above, the winner of the 9 year old age division in the biggest junior golf "skills competition" in North America hit it 183, so I would say 200 is fairly unusual for a 9 year old, regardless of hockey experience.
          What I meant by my comment was that it was more unusual that he beat out the 14 and 15 year olds too. The fact that he hit it 200 yards has too many variables that I'm not taken account for. Such as wind direction? Was it on a range or a down hill hole at a course? What was the temp like? You can compare it to drive chip and putt but what was the wind doing that day? Was it playing into the kids faces at the masters? So you can't just straight up compare those two based on age alone.

Is it normal for a 9 year old to hit it 200, no, it's fantastic. I'm not diminishing the OPs sons accomplishment I'm simply stating that on the scale of it be unusual I'd say beating out kids 6 years older is pretty "unusual"

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post

Do you hate on all brands you can’t afford as hard? Seems to me like you take every chance you get to take a dig at pxgs, I think deep down you want a set but you don’t have the coin lol

pretty happy with mine, broke par for the first time a couple of days ago hitting 15/18 greens in reg, can’t say I regret the purchase one bit
            WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

200 yards at that age is huge, top 1% I would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post

Where did that come from?

Congrats on the sub par round.

Comment

Just let him have fun in golf and hockey. Don't push it. He is not going pro in either.

Comment

My 9 year old daughter hits her driver avg about 135 but can get it out there 150 -170 depending on conditions. She was measured at 162 in the Drive Chip and Putt qualifier in Buffalo and wasn't the longest.
                    Killer21
                    M2 Oban Devotion 6S
                    Adams XTD 3, 5 wood Matrix Red Tie 7S
                    Adams Pro 20* Hybrid Aldila Tour Red R
                    Adams Pro DHY 24* Hybrid Aldila Tour Blue R
                    Adams XTD Irons KBS C-Taper Lite R
                    Titeleist SM4 Vokey 54*
                    Titleist SM5 5Vokey 58* W DG Spinner
                    Macgregor Bobby Grace 6.4 K Putter
                    Bridgestone RXS

Comment

My son hit a drive 202 yesterday- he just turned 12 a couple of months ago. We have had him the PGA’s Drive Chip Putt competition since he was 9. Some of those kids could hit it long....

Comment

Sorry just saw this, he must use PXG as a search term in case anyone is disparaging the company. Too Funny.

Being dead serious, for the OP how far does your son hit his 7 iron?
                        Does he have decent gaps between clubs or is the driver distance an anomaly?
                        Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                        Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                        Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                        Ping G400 4H - 22*
                        Ping G400 5 - UW
                        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                        Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                        Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Heck there are some days when I am happy to carry 200 yards with my driver. And according to what the broadcasters reported, I still lift it more than Rory, or Brooks Koepka. So how in the heck does that work?

Comment

Was he swinging a PXG?
                            If he was using PXG then it would have been his 7 iron that was going 200 yards. Unless he had Gen2's, then the 7 would carry 225.

Comment

You guys forgot, “kabooom baby”

Comment

Originally posted by Teofila View Post
                                Heck there are some days when I am happy to carry 200 yards with my driver. And according to what the broadcasters reported, I still lift it more than Rory, or Brooks Koepka. So how in the heck does that work?
                                What are you selling? You aren't no Arthur Dailey!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X