Collapse

Take Your Kids to the Course Week

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Your Kids to the Course Week

Started on July 2nd. I have done this with my older son for the last 7 years and was looking forward to doing it again with my 11 year old, but this year I am shocked at how few courses are participating. Only 13 courses signed up this year in the Golden Horseshoe area whereas before there we more than 50. Even Lakeview and Braeben aren't doing it this year. Pipers heath used to have free juniors for the entire moth of July a couple of years back and nothing now. I wonder why so few courses are participating. Did they lose a key sponsor? What a shame not to invest in their future revenue stream.

Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Originally posted by luv2kruz View Post
    Started on July 2nd. I have done this with my older son for the last 7 years and was looking forward to doing it again with my 11 year old, but this year I am shocked at how few courses are participating. Only 13 courses signed up this year in the Golden Horseshoe area whereas before there we more than 50. Even Lakeview and Braeben aren't doing it this year. Pipers heath used to have free juniors for the entire moth of July a couple of years back and nothing now. I wonder why so few courses are participating. Did they lose a key sponsor? What a shame not to invest in their future revenue stream.

http://kidsplaygolf.ca/courses/category/on/
    Its a great initiative, some courses , like mine, are not on the list but have this every day, all season.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Its a great initiative, some courses , like mine, are not on the list but have this every day, all season.
      Which course is that?
      Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

I know the golf North courses are free for juniors every weekend after 1pm
        MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I fall under the category as an "older" Junior Golfer, and I have found it hard to find junior rate to find junior rates in Toronto let alone before noon.
          which makes it difficult because at that point i am devoting my entire day to golf instead of just a morning, for example at the public course Lakeview only on weekends after noon junior prices come into effect, which are the busiest times in of the week. So I really hope that the GTA takes another look at this and maybe makes it Mandatory for Public courses and private courses have a opt in opt out choice. ( This is just a suggestion about how this could be handled.

Comment

Originally posted by alexanderhill View Post
            I fall under the category as an "older" Junior Golfer, and I have found it hard to find junior rate to find junior rates in Toronto let alone before noon.
            which makes it difficult because at that point i am devoting my entire day to golf instead of just a morning, for example at the public course Lakeview only on weekends after noon junior prices come into effect, which are the busiest times in of the week. So I really hope that the GTA takes another look at this and maybe makes it Mandatory for Public courses and private courses have a opt in opt out choice. ( This is just a suggestion about how this could be handled.
            Can't see that happening....we basically have a 5 month season, and MOST people want to play Weekend mornings, which with demand means courses rarely have to discount pricing.
            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X