Collapse

12 year old daughter is hooked!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 year old daughter is hooked!

I've been taking her to the course since she was 5 and she probably has better golf etiquette than me now. She was mostly interested in riding in the cart and putting until last year. She often chipped balls with me in the backyard as well. She had her first lesson on Thursday and soaked it up like a sponge.

We went to The Bridges in Tillsonburg last night and wow did she improve after that hour lesson. She had her first legit par from the Reds on the Par 3 #9. Nearly hit the green and almost made a 30 foot birdie putt. She tapped in for the par and was so very excited. Said she's "framing" the ball haha. She also got on in 3 on a few of the par 4's as well as a bogey on another par 3. She made some nice chips around the green too. Easily the most fun we've had together at the course and it is all she's talking about.

I've never pushed her nor will I ever. I always remind her it's all about having fun.
    Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
    Taylormade R11 15 Deg
    Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
    Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
    Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
    Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
    Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
    Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
    Ping Scottsdale Putter
    Sun Mountain Bag
    Home Course: Pine Knot London

That’s a great story. Let her enthusiasm guide you.

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
    I've been taking her to the course since she was 5 and she probably has better golf etiquette than me now. She was mostly interested in riding in the cart and putting until last year. She often chipped balls with me in the backyard as well. She had her first lesson on Thursday and soaked it up like a sponge.

We went to The Bridges in Tillsonburg last night and wow did she improve after that hour lesson. She had her first legit par from the Reds on the Par 3 #9. Nearly hit the green and almost made a 30 foot birdie putt. She tapped in for the par and was so very excited. Said she's "framing" the ball haha. She also got on in 3 on a few of the par 4's as well as a bogey on another par 3. She made some nice chips around the green too. Easily the most fun we've had together at the course and it is all she's talking about.

I've never pushed her nor will I ever. I always remind her it's all about having fun.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Your doing a great job dad ,both of my daughters golfed untill boys came along

Comment

Very cool, hopefully she will stay with it.

Comment

Great story. Always happy to hear juniors getting excited about golf.
          Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
          Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Really nice story - we played with a mom n daughter a few years ago from czech republic while on vacation in Cuba - the daughter was a tall 13 y/o at the time n shot 67 from the white tees.
            we had dinner with them one evening and similar to your story - the mother said she’s never pushed her and just supports whatever her daughter strives for. She was a very proud parent who was just enjoying The time with her kid.

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post

Very nice. Enjoy, because time goes fast. Awesome to hear!!!
              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

What a great story, thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X