/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Cheap golf for juniors in Toronto / Durham ?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap golf for juniors in Toronto / Durham ?

Hey all, I've got three young players (11, 9, 9) who have played golf on and off since they were 5. I had a great deal via lessons at Geared to Golf - the girls had a membership at Whispering Ridge and I could get them all out with myself on a cart for like $45. That deal isn't there anymore. Do you have any suggestions for cheap golf? Inflation is really putting the squeeze on our household. I know about the CPGA Ready to Play for $5 on some courses but there aren't that many of them. Do you know of any courses that let juniors play for a substantial discount or for free? Many thanks!

St Andrews Valley has a parent child special :
    3 hrs before sunset, $39 for the adult and child plays for free.
    see many families take advantage, with mom and dad and 2 kids

( disclosure ,this is my course )
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Crestwood GC in Little Britain might be a bit far but I sent my daughter to a week long golf camp there last summer that was really well run. M-F from 9am-12noon including lunch and equipment for $250.

Their website also says juniors play free every Fri all summer. Not sure if there are any restrictions on that.
      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
      Srixon Star XV
      Ogio Grom bag

Comment

The SAV deal seems like an excellent value.

As an alternative and in the Durham area, Mill Run's Highland Course.

$15 dollars any day, any time for those under the age of 18.
        The Highland Course is 18 holes and plays from 3,000 to 3,500 yards. It has 5 par 4's.
        Adult twilight rate is $25. Unfortunately the adult prime rate is now $40.

So walking at twilight would be $55 for you and 2 children.
        Carts are $10 per rider but it is not a difficult walk, although there is no return to the clubhouse until after the 18th hole.

They used to have a program allowing a junior to play free on Sunday afternoons with a paying adult but I am not sure that still exists.

If you can afford it, $1,900 for a full family membership to the Highland Course. Allowing up to 2 adults and 2 juniors to play together. Anytime.

Or a full junior membership allowing play on both the Highland and the Championship course for only $550 for those under the age of 17. It includes a range membership in that price.
        Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Mar 30, 2024, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Guys, thanks so much for this. I really appreciate it. I have played St Andrew's Valley and love it so was excited to see that as an offer. I had no idea! I played their little par 3 before with kids but if this is for the regular course, it's an incredible deal!
          I haven't played Mill Run. Looking forward to checking that out. Thanks for the lead on that one!
          Crestwood looks amazing but is too far away, unfortunately. Makes me wish I lived out there.
          If anyone else has any ideas, please chime in!

Comment

Try Oshawa Airport. They used to have a kids play free with paying adult thing going .Don't know if it still exists as the covid boom brought out the worst in the money grubbing management.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebrock View Post
              Guys, thanks so much for this. I really appreciate it. I have played St Andrew's Valley and love it so was excited to see that as an offer. I had no idea! I played their little par 3 before with kids but if this is for the regular course, it's an incredible deal!
              I haven't played Mill Run. Looking forward to checking that out. Thanks for the lead on that one!
              Crestwood looks amazing but is too far away, unfortunately. Makes me wish I lived out there.
              If anyone else has any ideas, please chime in!

There is also Spring Creek in the Claremont area.
              A nice 9 hole course with 4 par 4's and 5 par 3's.

Prime/regular fees are $32 for an adult and $20 for a junior.
              However on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, a junior can play for free when accompanied by a paying adult.

Since it is only 9 holes and quite flat, it is a very easy walk.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebrock View Post
                Hey all, I've got three young players (11, 9, 9) who have played golf on and off since they were 5. I had a great deal via lessons at Geared to Golf - the girls had a membership at Whispering Ridge and I could get them all out with myself on a cart for like $45. That deal isn't there anymore. Do you have any suggestions for cheap golf? Inflation is really putting the squeeze on our household. I know about the CPGA Ready to Play for $5 on some courses but there aren't that many of them. Do you know of any courses that let juniors play for a substantial discount or for free? Many thanks!
                Humber Valley has an excellent Junior program $400/season but is already filled by now.

It is accepted at all other 5 muni courses in GTA.

Book your tee times today. Book Now Junior Golf Memberships are now sold out for the 2024 season. Discounted rates remain available for all eligible junior golfers at all City of Toronto golf courses. The City operates five golf courses. Visit each course page to book your tee time and for green fees. Dentonia Park […]

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Deer Ridge academy on Salem.

SHORT COURSE at PRACTICE & PERFORMANCE CENTRE

2075 Salem Rd N, Ajax

* All rates are subject to HST
                  2024 RATES In Season
                  MONDAY - WEDNESDAY (BEFORE 10AM, EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS) $15.04
                  TWILIGHT (2 hours before dark) $15.04
                  WEEKDAYS $19.47
                  REPLAY (Only when second round hasn't been previously booked) $15.04
                  WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS $23.89
                  CART RATE per rider $10.62
                  PULL CART $5.31

Deer Creek Map

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...