Handicap - Score Reporting

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handicap - Score Reporting

Hi All -

Did a search and couldn't find anything specifically related to this question, so hope this isn't a duplication.

I do not belong to a club, so I was think getting a GOA Membership for handicap purposes as a Public Player.

1) How does the system work for a public player? Is it still an online reporting system (honor based?) or do you send your scorecards in somewhere?

2) Are you able to post previous scores, if so, how far can you go back? I've been logging my scores onto a handicap calculator website to keep track of my handicap for the past couple of years, so I have all information, and even kept the scorecards. Or do you start fresh from time of enrolling in the membership?
    In the Bag:

Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5*
    3W Callaway X Hot 15*
    5W Callaway X Hot 19*
    3-PW Nickent 4DX Pro Forged
    53*/58* Nickent Arc Wedge
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #9

Re: Handicap - Score Reporting

Originally posted by kyles44 View Post
    Hi All -

Did a search and couldn't find anything specifically related to this question, so hope this isn't a duplication.

I do not belong to a club, so I was think getting a GOA Membership for handicap purposes as a Public Player.

1) How does the system work for a public player? Is it still an online reporting system (honor based?) or do you send your scorecards in somewhere?

2) Are you able to post previous scores, if so, how far can you go back? I've been logging my scores onto a handicap calculator website to keep track of my handicap for the past couple of years, so I have all information, and even kept the scorecards. Or do you start fresh from time of enrolling in the membership?
    Online. You enter the score and and attestor's name.

You can certainly enter as far back as the beginning of this season. Since your handicap is based on the lowest 10 of your last 20 rounds, you shouldn't need to go back multiple years to get a valid cap (assuming you play more than 10 rounds a year).
    What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
    TM Rescue 17*
    TM M2 4-AW
    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Re: Handicap - Score Reporting

Nice thing about the GAO handicap tracking is that it will keep a history of your scores even if you let your account lapse. At least with my account it did. Last time I entered a handicap was back in 2012 when I was a club member. I only played about 4-5rnds per year since and didn't bother tracking it 'cause I wasn't sure if I was going to get back seriously into golf again (lower back issues). Fast forward to last week and an email to GAO later, they had me back on my old account with my 6yr history intact.

I used to just enter hole by hole with the club computer but the online one tracks a lot more details if you want which I thought was pretty cool to see ie percentage of fairways hit, avg putts per round, sand saves etc etc.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
      X