Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loud Music is Fine, Wearing a Shirt is Optional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coleslaw View Post

Well I think it's moronic to get up in arms/complain about people listening to music while golfing*

*at a reasonable volume of course.
    I was playing at a course yesterday and we were standing on the tee getting ready to hit. About 25yds to the left of us was a group playing music and you could just barely hear it. For us no problem. The problem began when the two guys climbed back into their cart and started to talk to each other ABOVE the din of their music! It was as if they were shouting at each other so they could have a conversation. To a man we looked at each other and started shaking our heads and laughing. WTF complete ignorance of their surroundings.

You like music? Wear headphones because the music you may be playing may not be the music someone else likes hearing.
    What's In The Bag:
    Driver: Callaway Flash 9.5*
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub 13.5*
    Utility(s): Callaway Rogue x 18*
    Irons: Cally Rogue x 5-AW
    Wedge: Cleveland Forged 588 60*
    Putter: Scotty Newport 2

WITB FLA:
    Same as Above

Comment

• Originally posted by just123123 View Post
      You like music? Wear headphones because the music you may be playing may not be the music someone else likes hearing.
      I'm sorry, but if you're going to introduce common sense into these discussions, you'll need to provide some kind of warning.
      Sage of the GTA...

Comment

• Earlier this year I was playing the East Wing course at Cardinal. When we reached the third green, we started hearing loud music coming from somewhere on the course. I began scanning the nearby holes to locate the culprits, but didn't see anything. It soon became apparent that the music was actually coming from near the RedCrest clubhouse. There was a function going on over there, which included live music. It was annoying, to say the least, especially when we were teeing off on hole 8.

I've encountered a fair number of golf patrons who play music on the course, but this was new to me.

Comment

• I did encounter a pairing (husband/wife). They played music non stop. It didn't bother me but I found it strange and just made for a bad round since I wasn't use to it.

Comment

• Music I can tolerate, itís talking or even worse whispering while I am swinging that upsets me. Especially whispering when I always feel like saying ĎI can still hear it guys, canít u just wait 10 more secs....í

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

I'm sorry, but if you're going to introduce common sense into these discussions, you'll need to provide some kind of warning.
              Amen brother.

Since we're on the subject of music, I wonder how it would go if 9 people played their boom boxes on the same subway car at rush hour. Since acceptable levels of volume is relative, I'd love to be the proverbial fly on the wall during those discussions.
              What's In The Bag:
              Driver: Callaway Flash 9.5*
              3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub 13.5*
              Utility(s): Callaway Rogue x 18*
              Irons: Cally Rogue x 5-AW
              Wedge: Cleveland Forged 588 60*
              Putter: Scotty Newport 2

WITB FLA:
              Same as Above

Comment

• Originally posted by just123123 View Post

Amen brother.

Since we're on the subject of music, I wonder how it would go if 9 people played their boom boxes on the same subway car at rush hour. Since acceptable levels of volume is relative, I'd love to be the proverbial fly on the wall during those discussions.
                Any discussion would be drowned out by the 9 boom boxes.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,436   Posts: 1,813,259   Members: 47,089   Active Members: 176
                Welcome to our newest member, Foodcart.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                X