/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Loud Music is Fine, Wearing a Shirt is Optional

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebogeyman View Post
    I'm fine with music on the course and I have never heard it blaring across multiple holes.

Surprisingly at my club it is a lot of the older guys that will bust out Bluetooth speakers. Everyone is courteous in asking if music is alright.

To people saying wear headphones - it's dangerous
    to people saying it's a distraction - be mentally stronger
    it's not about being mentally stronger - the music doesn't affect my game. It's about an escape, being outdoors, in relative quiet, and enjoying it. While you may enjoy music on the course, I don't. I'm a big music fan and love it most other places but for some reason, just not on the course.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Well, that's very subjective.

In all honesty, sometimes I like a perfectly quiet course......but even those are getting harder to find (even in the country)
      Yes, it is subjective. But, avoidable noise in the form of loud music is not one of those things that other people should just have to tolerate on the golf course. That is, if the music can be heard from more than 20 feet away from source, it's too loud. And, if someone gets pissy because he can't hear his Pearl Jam or Beyoncé from the other side of the fairway, tough. That's why headphones were invented.
      Sage of the GTA...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

it's not about being mentally stronger - the music doesn't affect my game. It's about an escape, being outdoors, in relative quiet, and enjoying it. While you may enjoy music on the course, I don't. I'm a big music fan and love it most other places but for some reason, just not on the course.
        Try new things, we did last year (it was foist upon us by the twosome we were paired up with @ Otter Creek) & we never looked back!
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Try new things, we did last year (it was foist upon us by the twosome we were paired up with @ Otter Creek) & we never looked back!
          I have - played with a guy that had it on and didn't care for it.

Comment

I have - played with a guy that had it on and didn't care for it.
            That's where Deep House is the best

Comment

I'm with you.

I listen to a lot of music. I love music. But.... I also value times where I'm doing something else.

Golf is one of those times.

I used to ski with music, but I stopped because I wanted to concentrate and be more into the moment.

I tried running with music, but I couldn't hear cars and I wanted to talk to people and to... be into the moment.

I wonder how many minutes per day those who bring music to the course spend without music. Maybe they're the ones that should try something different - or at least something old again.
              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I'm with you.

I listen to a lot of music. I love music. But.... I also value times where I'm doing something else.

Golf is one of those times.

I used to ski with music, but I stopped because I wanted to concentrate and be more into the moment.

I tried running with music, but I couldn't hear cars and I wanted to talk to people and to... be into the moment.

I wonder how many minutes per day those who bring music to the course spend without music. Maybe they're the ones that should try something different - or at least something old again.
                I've run with music as well, sometimes I like it - the cadence and the feeling of energy it gives you when a good song comes on, but if I am running a trail in the woods, I like to listen to nature. Well, that I don't want to come across any unsuspecting bears :-)

Comment

Sometimes people need to have sufficient 'mental toughness' just to be considerate of others.
                  Sage of the GTA...

Comment

I posted saying I'm not for music on the course....but....I played a round since then during 9 and dine and there was a live band playing on the patio. The music could be heard on every hole and I actually didn't mind it.

I did play a round at Tarandowah 4 years ago with a guy who had music going and I didn't care for it. Maybe it depends on the kind of music playing although I enjoy a variety of music.

Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                    Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                    Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                    Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                    Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                    Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
                    Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
                    Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
                    Ping Scottsdale Putter
                    Sun Mountain Bag
                    Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

You see, that's just it, listening to music on the course is 'something different' than the years & years we never did!

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                        Prefer quiet and hopefully a chance to hear the birds, see some wildlife. To date have seen deer, wild turkeys, otters, muskrats, foxes, osprey, red tailed hawks, herons, trout, salmon, coyotes and an eagle during my time on the course. Possibly (hopefully) a bear based on the noise and what we found left behind in the woods.

It is my opinion that loud noise from music and carts would have prevented me from experiencing most of this.
                        Played on Sunday and saw both a bald eagle and a hawk!

Bald eagle was sitting, motionless just off the side of a green. At first my group and I thought it was a plastic replica meant to scare off other critters - then it turned its head.

When it unfolded its wings and took off, my god, what a majestic creature. I was ~85 yards away watching it through the lens of my range finder. Just gorgeous. The talons and beak were a little frightening, mind you. I know it probably wouldn't kill me, but I certainly didn't want to get in its flight path and piss it off - it'd certainly take a healthy chunk off of me!

Comment

Finally, A voice of Reason....

...most bluetooth speakers can't be heard across a fairway
                          I've seen a few that beg to differ!

Comment

Originally posted by WestendStew View Post

Played on Sunday and saw both a bald eagle and a hawk!

Bald eagle was sitting, motionless just off the side of a green. At first my group and I thought it was a plastic replica meant to scare off other critters - then it turned its head.

When it unfolded its wings and took off, my god, what a majestic creature. I was ~85 yards away watching it through the lens of my range finder. Just gorgeous. The talons and beak were a little frightening, mind you. I know it probably wouldn't kill me, but I certainly didn't want to get in its flight path and piss it off - it'd certainly take a healthy chunk off of me!
                            Spectacular. Can I ask which course this was on?

Comment

Have to make golf more inviting. I say yes to music and having fun on the course. As long as your foursome is okay with the musical choices, then go for it.

And thanks to allowing mock necks and most shorts on the course. I'm okay with stylish t-shirts too. Why anyone would wear jeans is one I don't get.

Comment

Originally posted by gotogolf View Post
                                Have to make golf more inviting. I say yes to music and having fun on the course. As long as your foursome is okay with the musical choices, then go for it.

And thanks to allowing mock necks and most shorts on the course. I'm okay with stylish t-shirts too. Why anyone would wear jeans is one I don't get.
                                if you play rock on a course bluejeans are a must to flow with the music. Shorts and ankle socks look ridiculously out of sync.
                                things change

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 179,951   Posts: 1,885,670   Members: 48,486   Active Members: 482
                                Welcome to our newest member, fairyson.
                                Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X