Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loud Music is Fine, Wearing a Shirt is Optional

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
    I started playing music 2-3 years ago, very low volume can't even hear it from my Clicgear when putting. I can only hear it when I'm pushing my cart. That said I like to concentrate on a shot as much as anyone bc I was tought that way.

However you look at other pro sports like basketball they crank up the music, anouncer screams, fans yelling cheering, players take their shots no problem with all that noise. They even get all pumped up with it. Why can't golf / golfers get used to the idea of not always having everyone stand still don't say a word while another one shoots? If it became part of the game we can all get used to it, no? I know I could.
    If I have music, which has only been a handful of times, this is how I do it. Bluetooth in the cart at a volume that you need to be in or next to the cart to hear.

I have never in my hundreds of rounds hear anyone playing music at a high volume. Must be lucky.
    Callaway Blayne Standbag:
    TaylorMade M1 9.5*
    TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
    TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
    Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
    5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
    Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
    Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

• I started playing music 2-3 years ago, very low volume can't even hear it from my Clicgear when putting. I can only hear it when I'm pushing my cart.

Originally posted by Benz View Post

You just said that people should get used to something if it became part of the game. Slow play is already part of the game.
      Could you get used to very slow play, as well?

That is, what's the difference between your loud music disrupting someone else's enjoyment of their game and someone else's slow play ruining yours?
      My loud music that you can't hear even from the putting green when my Clicgear is right beside the green? That loud music? Maybe you got a real good hearing aid I don't know.

Just read the whole comment before replying, not just what you want to read.
      Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
      Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

• All you guys playing music so low you can't even hear it from the green.... why bother with it then?

If it's really that low (and I doubt that it is) it's not really adding much. Maybe just listen to some tunes in the clubhouse, or on the drive home, or at home or at work or commuting to work or when you're out.

What's your favourite music that you can barely hear?

maybe we could share a playlist!
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
          I started playing music 2-3 years ago, very low volume can't even hear it from my Clicgear when putting. I can only hear it when I'm pushing my cart.

My loud music that you can't hear even from the putting green when my Clicgear is right beside the green? That loud music? Maybe you got a real good hearing aid I don't know.

Just read the whole comment before replying, not just what you want to read.
          I did read the whole comment, including the part about cranking up the music.
          However you look at other pro sports like basketball they crank up the music, anouncer screams, fans yelling cheering, players take their shots no problem with all that noise. They even get all pumped up with it. Why can't golf / golfers get used to the idea of not always having everyone stand still don't say a word while another one shoots? If it became part of the game we can all get used to it, no? I know I could.

My concern is that, as music on the course becomes even more common, that it will also become common for the music to be played at volumes which will disturb other players. Not everyone can be expected to be as courteous and considerate as yourself. I have already experienced this at various courses (including Osprey Valley), so it's not localized to a particular place. Further, with the advent of very small and portable 'Bose'-type speakers, it's very easy now to have a lot of music on the course without having a very obvious boom box on the back of the cart.
          Sage of the GTA...

Comment

• Get yourself a set of bluetooth earbuds if you want to listen to your music while you're golfing. I don't want to hear your music while I'm out playing.

Comment

• Doug, one of the guys that I played with this winter at Peninsula asked me before the round whether a little music bothered me? I responded: "No problem." Despite the fact that he's a very nice man, there was a problem. It was almost impossible to have a conversation without shouting. Worse, the tranquility of the round was destroyed. If the birds were chirping, I didn't hear them. So, my verdict on this topic is that, if you want to listen to music, use your earbuds.

As for shirts, wear one. I don't need to see everything that jiggles after another person's shot. It's bad enough having to inadvertently catch a glimpse of a corpulent guy at the beach sporting his Speedo (I can only imagine what women think of such a sight).

Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
              Get yourself a set of bluetooth earbuds if you want to listen to your music while you're golfing. I don't want to hear your music while I'm out playing.
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Don't want to hear music/golf on the course -- either in my group or coming from another. Just not part of golf as I see it. Out (for now).
                Last edited by ManFromMoffat; Apr 16, 2018, 04:46 PM.
                WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

• looks like even the tour is embracing music and more "fun" on the course
                  NEW ORLEANS, La. — The Zurich Classic of New Orleans, working in conjunction with the PGA TOUR, announced today it will be the first PGA TOUR event to feature walk-up music. Each two-man team will have an opportunity to select their walk-up song to be played on the first tee at TPC Louisiana as t...

Comment

• Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
                    Don't want to hear golf on the course -- either in my group or coming from another. Just not part of golf as I see it. Out (for now).
                    I completely agree. I can't stand hearing golf on the course. Totally throws off my game. The golf I hear from my group is usually the worst. Especially when I'm playing as a single.
                    What's in the TMX Stand Bag?

10.5 SLDR w Diamana Flowerband X-flex
                    SLDR 15* 3W
                    TM Rescue 17*
                    SLDR 5H
                    TM M2 4-PW
                    CG15 52/60
                    Rossa Monza Corza

Comment

• Originally posted by raptorslover View Post
                      looks like even the tour is embracing music and more "fun" on the course
                      Progressive thinking and a positive move ......#makegolfmorefun
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by raptorslover View Post
                        looks like even the tour is embracing music and more "fun" on the course
                        For a spectator-based event like a golf tournament, and limited to the first tee, I have no problem with this.

I make a clear distinction between what happens during tournament play versus casual play. If a sanctioned event wants to 'provide' music/entertainment, that's fine. My only concern is in regard to loud music that can be heard by other groups while on a public course.

I liken music during a round to someone smoking in my vehicle, even if they ask permission. It's all well and fine to say that you can just say no, but it's obvious that the person asking permission is expecting you to say yes.

As I've said before, we can listen to music in so many other places in our lives day and night. Why is it so important that music has to be included in a round of golf?
                        Sage of the GTA...

Comment

• Oh-that answer is very simple Benz--it's because people are unbelievably {understatement} addicted to their devices, and find it very challenging to function without them. This gives people another way to not be separated from them.

Originally posted by Benz View Post

For a spectator-based event like a golf tournament, and limited to the first tee, I have no problem with this.

I make a clear distinction between what happens during tournament play versus casual play. If a sanctioned event wants to 'provide' music/entertainment, that's fine. My only concern is in regard to loud music that can be heard by other groups while on a public course.

I liken music during a round to someone smoking in my vehicle, even if they ask permission. It's all well and fine to say that you can just say no, but it's obvious that the person asking permission is expecting you to say yes.

As I've said before, we can listen to music in so many other places in our lives day and night. Why is it so important that music has to be included in a round of golf?

Comment

• Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

I completely agree. I can't stand hearing golf on the course. Totally throws off my game. The golf I hear from my group is usually the worst. Especially when I'm playing as a single.
                            Yes, and music is almost as bad.

Must have been a Freudian slip on my part. I've gone ballastic a couple of times when the newer playing partners I'm playing with point out the obvious. Fold the turf over on the ball: "Hit that a little fat". Put it in the water: "It's wet". Blade one: "Skulled that". Growing up, I played with a bunch of guys and we all stuck to the code of "A guy hits a bad shot, STFU and let him brood, etc.". Attempting to commiserate was not seen as helpful.
                            WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

• Originally posted by alwayslooking2buy!! View Post
                              Oh-that answer is very simple Benz--it's because people are unbelievably {understatement} addicted to their devices, and find it very challenging to function without them. This gives people another way to not be separated from them.

I respect people's addiction to their devices. I don't worry about cellphones on the course because conversations are usually kept short (if at all) and the odd text message doesn't hold things up. However, IMO, because the time actually on the golf course represents such a small part of our lives I don't think dispensing with 'group' music is such an imposition.
                              Sage of the GTA...

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Progressive thinking and a positive move ......#makegolfmorefun
                                +1 I like the way you think.

What percentage of the guys that don't like music playing, play their matches for money?

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 162,872   Posts: 1,704,446   Members: 45,549   Active Members: 248
                                Welcome to our newest member, joe1019.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X