Collapse

Loud Music is Fine, Wearing a Shirt is Optional

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bl8d View Post

if you play rock on a course bluejeans are a must to flow with the music. Shorts and ankle socks look ridiculously out of sync.
    And an AC/DC, Motorhead, Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Black Sabbath or Motley Crue T-Shirt......

Comment

Originally posted by gotogolf View Post
      Have to make golf more inviting. I say yes to music and having fun on the course. As long as your foursome is okay with the musical choices, then go for it.
      1) If your foursome (or group) agrees to music, fine. But, if it's loud enough for others to hear it, it's too loud. Period.

2) So, if two pairs are matched up one the first tee, does one pair have a veto to prevent music?

Comment

While I'm pretty consistently against music and for a dress code on the course, I find it amusing how many of those who say they don't care about either, then go on to qualify what they mean.

So they're not really much more open minded, they just have their own preferences.

"I'm okay with music, as long as it's not...."

"I don't care what other people wear, but they shouldn't wear...."
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Spectacular. Can I ask which course this was on?
          Turnberry in Brampton.

Looks like there are a lot of birds in the naturalized areas of the course.

Interesting, the small birds that were attacking the hawk - it turns out that's actually pretty common behaviour in nature. "Mobbing". Interesting, even though the hawk could have grabbed any of the birds and tore them in half it just took the abuse. I guess in nature they don't kill except to eat. Very pure.

Comment

Must be more of a weekend thing as I never hear music on the course Mon-Fri. Last night I went out and heard pretty loud music coming from 2 carts.

Comment

I encountered more music lovers a couple weeks ago at Lowville. They had the music blaring from their golf cart near the 13th tee. It didn't help me sink my eagle chip near the 12th green. It also didn't help with the birdie putt. Thanks for the par, guys!

Comment

Weird observation. At least 50% of the carts I've come across that have been playing loud music, were also taking part in a little Mary Jane. Coincidence?
                What's wrong with wearing earbuds? I love music...... however.
                Any psychologists on board that can explain why people need other people to hear their music? Are they just sharing type people? Come to think of it, they weren't sharing their hooch either. Guess I answered my question. Greedy Ba$tards!

Comment

I saw a 2some of guys with no shirts,a call to the clubhouse solved that ,lol,playing a while back playing with music on wasn't bad until, I was teeing off and led Zeppelin hole lotta love came on ,threw my timing way off.

Comment

Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
                    I could care less about both. As long as everyone is having fun thats all that matters. With that in mind I think the music should not be blasting out but instead at a reasonable level.
                    +1 hit the nail on the head !!
                    who gives a rats behind what the other guy is wearing ? Why is anyone staring at the bare chest of a guy in a different 4some ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey View Post
                      +1 hit the nail on the head !!
                      who gives a rats behind what the other guy is wearing ? Why is anyone staring at the bare chest of a guy in a different 4some ?
                      Exactly. Everyone should keep their eyes on the bare chests in their own foursome!

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingPar View Post

Exactly. Everyone should keep their eyes on the bare chests in their own foursome!
                        Ohhhh , I left that wide open didn't I . LOL

Comment

This is one of those things that depends on club culture. I was a member of a very rural club once and it was not uncommon for us to go from the pool to the 10th tee, still wearing swim trunks and with no shirt on. Play 2 or 3 holes barefooted. The pro once drove his car out onto the driving range and had Superfly by Curtis Mayfield blasting from the speakers. Another member had his own cart with a wired in AM/FM radio; if you were playing with him in some afternoon round, just tooling around, he had music pumping out. So, all that was accepted there.

In the same sense, I was waiting around the first tee at Bethpage Black once and a guy was waiting to get on the tee wearing a set of gray cargo sweatpants. That's an accepted thing there. Just like at some clubs it's a mandate to wear a jacket and tie in the dining room.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybiarritz View Post
                            This is one of those things that depends on club culture.
                            Agreed.

And, just like issues regarding pace of play, do whatever you want to (within reason) as long as it does not adversely affect others on the course.

I have no real problem with having music while on the course. However, given that people can get music just about anywhere else (cars, home, work, on their phones/computers, etc.), why is it necessary to have it while out playing? Isn't the golf course one of those few places where a little bit of peace is part of the experience? Would going without music for 3+ hours really be a hardship? I would hope not.

In any case, if I were paired up with someone who absolutely insisted on having excessively loud music, then I would just decline and play elsewhere. Not a big deal worth ruining their round or my own.

Comment

Originally posted by bobobs View Post
                              Weird observation. At least 50% of the carts I've come across that have been playing loud music, were also taking part in a little Mary Jane. Coincidence?
                              What's wrong with wearing earbuds? I love music...... however.
                              Any psychologists on board that can explain why people need other people to hear their music? Are they just sharing type people? Come to think of it, they weren't sharing their hooch either. Guess I answered my question. Greedy Ba$tards!
                              To reference Jon Stewart's character (the enhancement smoker) in Half Baked:

"Have you ever played golf, man?"

"Have you ever played golf on weed?"

"Have you ever listened to music while playing golf, man?"

"Have you ever listened to music while playing golf on weed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingPar View Post
                                Played yesterday at Glen Eagle with some kind of tournament taking place. Lots of wild roars as putts dropped, like the Ryder Cup. On two occasions, encountered participants playing loud music through speakers on their golf carts. It was hip-hop, featuring some colourful language. One music loving group also felt no need to wear shirts. Perhaps golf is more enjoyable if you play bare chested.

What do you think about music on the golf course? Yea or nay?

I won't ask about shirts; if McDonald's requires them, I think we can agree that golf courses should too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2ns2sld.jpg Views:	1 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	2660208
                                Music on the golf course is an absolutely ridiculous thing to use-completely inappropriate and utterly selfish. Therefore, it's a new/recent trend, and you will certainly see more of it! The jerks that do this are almost 100% of the time young stupid guys, who would way more than likely get their dander up if called on it-again, goes entirely with the times-stupid, self important, moronic, losers. Once in fact I had a really good round going at Osprey and they snuck up on me on an adjacent hole {the sound travels ultra far on a course} and it completely through me off basically in my backswing and I hit a crazy shot with a hybrid which I 100% attributed to them-I think I made a triple or a quad on the hole as I was in jail-in fact it stayed with me for a few holes as I was really pissed off at how rude this was. I have yet to see any women playing music on the golf course and I am fully confident I never will.
                                Last edited by alwayslooking2buy!!; Apr 14, 2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X