Collapse

Two 9 Hole or One 18 Hole Score

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two 9 Hole or One 18 Hole Score

I play my course's back nine as a single and then joined a threesome to play the front nine.
    Is the score entered for handicap as two nines...one of which was "played alone" and the other with playing partners OR is it an 18 hole score with playing partners?

I would probably just enter it as an 18 hole score.

Comment

If I enter as two nine hole, the nine played alone does not count against handicap while the other would be combined with another 9 hole reducing my handicap factor.
      if I enter as an 18 hole, my factor goes up.
      Just want to have the correct interpretation so my factor is accurate.

Comment

If you're serious about your hcap wouldn't you just enter the 2nd nine that wasn't "played alone"?

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
          If you're serious about your hcap wouldn't you just enter the 2nd nine that wasn't "played alone"?
          That's what I believe is the way to go but just want to be sure.

Comment

bogey5 is correct. If you want it to be as accurate as possible, the 9 holes played solo technically isn't counted towards your 'cap. The Golf Canada app asks if you played alone or not. Not sure about others.
            What's in the bag?
            TM M2
            Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
            PING Sigma G Putter
            Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

When the U.S.G.A. announced the "play alone" rule, didn't Golf Canada immediately announce that they would not force this on Canadians. The reason being that, Canadian golfers are honest & don't need this?

Comment

Originally posted by hogan53 View Post
                When the U.S.G.A. announced the "play alone" rule, didn't Golf Canada immediately announce that they would not force this on Canadians. The reason being that, Canadian golfers are honest & don't need this?
                I thought GC later fell into step
                Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
                - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by aaagc View Post

I thought GC later fell into step
                  Golf Canada is responsible for implementing and administering the Rules of Handicapping in Canada in co-operation with the provincial golf associations.

Playing alone and necessary peer review: To further support the key System premise of peer review, scores made while playing alone will no longer be acceptable for handicap purposes. This change underscores the importance of providing full and accurate information regarding a player’s potential scoring ability, and the ability of other players to form a reasonable basis for supporting or disputing a posted score. (Section 5-1: Acceptability of Scores)

Stupid rule IMO. If I want to cheat and lower my cap, I can easily improve a lie etc when my partner isn't looking, miscount, or simply enter the score differently than I recorded on the card. If I want to sandbag, it's even easier...just come up a little short on those water holes "accidentally". I play a lot of my rounds alone or with complete strangers who have no interest in witnessing my scores. I enter them as usual in the system. Boohoo my index isn't conforming. But it's a whole lot more accurate than if I didn't enter those rounds at all.
                  What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                  TM Rescue 17*
                  TM M2 4-AW
                  TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                  Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

Golf Canada is responsible for implementing and administering the Rules of Handicapping in Canada in co-operation with the provincial golf associations.

Playing alone and necessary peer review: To further support the key System premise of peer review, scores made while playing alone will no longer be acceptable for handicap purposes. This change underscores the importance of providing full and accurate information regarding a player’s potential scoring ability, and the ability of other players to form a reasonable basis for supporting or disputing a posted score. (Section 5-1: Acceptability of Scores)

Stupid rule IMO. If I want to cheat and lower my cap, I can easily improve a lie etc when my partner isn't looking, miscount, or simply enter the score differently than I recorded on the card. If I want to sandbag, it's even easier...just come up a little short on those water holes "accidentally". I play a lot of my rounds alone or with complete strangers who have no interest in witnessing my scores. I enter them as usual in the system. Boohoo my index isn't conforming. But it's a whole lot more accurate than if I didn't enter those rounds at all.
                    I would say that most members of Golf Canada do the same. Apparently, even if the person who witnesses your round is not playing, their word is good. I have had my wife along for the ride sometimes & I can guarantee that she has no idea what I shot , but she's considered a reliable witness.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X