Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"get in the hole"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly, all those ridiculous and outrageously embarrassing things I did in my youth don't seem so bad now.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Looks like some Dolt got turfed at the Waste Managemant for yelling at Jordan S.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by aaagc View Post
        We can only pray it triggers a revolution and snaps golf out of the mindset that this week’s shenanigans can only ever be a one-off. It should be held up as the blueprint, not as some naughty boys’ outing which can be tolerated only once a year. Golf is in a process of innovation as it searches for a short-form version to attract the new generation. Yet the answer is there right under their nose and this is not the time to be sniffy. Rather than putting up archaic rules and making the fan feel as if he or she is attending a religious service conducted by the Plymouth Brethren circa 1810, why not put the emphasis on entertainment and enjoyment? So what if the attendees are, gasp, a bit tipsy, so what if they yell and cheer inappropriately and take the mick out of the multi-millionaires? As long as it does not go overboard, then it is in these professionals’ capabilities to survive some noise.
        I believe I understand your points. However, I don't believe that lowering the bar in the name of 'entertainment and enjoyment' for some people will be a good thing for the game in general. Just because some boisterous and/or drunk louts feel the need to act like fools at a golf tournament does not mean that the rest of us should just learn to live with it. Let the louts grow up and learn to behave themselves rather than ask the rest of us to 'loosen up'.

A golf tournament is not like the other major 'stadium' sports, mainly because the fans are much closer to the players, there are fewer fans in the vicinity of a given group of players, the fans in the vicinity of a group generate relatively little noise, and any loud noise 'anomalies' are not always appropriate nor universally welcome.

I doubt that many professional golfers have a problem with general crowd noise, but instead would object to these unexpected noise anomalies during their swings.
        Sage of the GTA...

Comment

In America they are allowed to carry guns. If they passed a law that yelling “get in the hole” or someting else at a golf tournamnet allowed the other attendees to shoot you with no repurcussion it would stop pretty quick. OK, I am being mostly facetious but this behaviour seems so undignified to me that I wonder why people who would do that bother attending a golf event instead of some other event where yelling is more acceptable.

Comment

I'm a huge Howard Stern fan so the "BABABOEY'S" never get old for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gushamilton View Post
              I'm a huge Howard Stern fan so the "BABABOEY'S" never get old for me.
              I'm sorry to hear that, on both counts!
              Confusion will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

for the Phoenix Wasted Open they should beer logo the cup liners.
                Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
                Ping i25 3w Accra Tour Z LS M4
                Ping i25 5w PWR75s
                Ping ISI 3-pw Z-z65
                Ping ISI W2, W3
                Cal i-Trax

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
                  I never understood why the need to yell,

Tourettes? Bursitis?
                  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=914402

Comment

This behaviour is getting outrageous, and starting to become a real problem, you try to ignore it and it just won't go away - The Tiger example outlined by the OP really pissed me off...

Rory and Justin's comments this weekend speak volumes as to how the pros are starting to get really frustrated. Completely agree with what Rory said in that the circus that accompanies Tiger costs him a couple of strokes a round - Not to mention what it must have done to them (In addition to Rors needing an Advil)...

The dark side is what Justin was 'touching' on in his comments to GOLF SI:

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/0...tting-out-hand

He seems to be alluding to at some point, this is going to lead to violence, either by a pro or a member of the gallery. On a personal note, I've never stood by anyone yelling stupidly, but I know if the time comes, I'll say something to the idiot as some of you have - Something's going to happen on the tour at some point, seems inevitable.

(PS: I'm a Stern fan as well, and 'Babbabooey' himself Gary Dell'abate, now a passionate golfer thinks it's ridiculous, but likes the fact it used to indicate a Stern fan when it first started, he feels people yell it now without knowing who he is. Can't blame Howard for this in my opinion, but we know any publicity is good publicity to him so he's not going to complain)

- Ian

Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
                    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
                    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
                    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
                    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
                    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
                    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
                    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
                    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                      This behaviour is getting outrageous, and starting to become a real problem, you try to ignore it and it just won't go away - The Tiger example outlined by the OP really pissed me off...

Rory and Justin's comments this weekend speak volumes as to how the pros are starting to get really frustrated. Completely agree with what Rory said in that the circus that accompanies Tiger costs him a couple of strokes a round - Not to mention what it must have done to them (In addition to Rors needing an Advil)...

The dark side is what Justin was 'touching' on in his comments to GOLF SI:

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/0...tting-out-hand

He seems to be alluding to at some point, this is going to lead to violence, either by a pro or a member of the gallery. On a personal note, I've never stood by anyone yelling stupidly, but I know if the time comes, I'll say something to the idiot as some of you have - Something's going to happen on the tour at some point, seems inevitable.

(PS: I'm a Stern fan as well, and 'Babbabooey' himself Gary Dell'abate, now a passionate golfer thinks it's ridiculous, but likes the fact it used to indicate a Stern fan when it first started, he feels people yell it now without knowing who he is. Can't blame Howard for this in my opinion, but we know any publicity is good publicity to him so he's not going to complain)

- Ian

Good post ian

Comment

IMO, the most straight-forward solution to the general problem of yelling after a shot is for the TV coverage to briefly suspend the audio when most of these outbursts occur. This approach seemed to work well when networks cut away from covering fans who entered the field of play.

I have to believe that most of these clowns want to be heard on the TV broadcast, and many of them would have given others advance notice of what they plan to do. So, if they're never heard by anyone other than those in the immediate area, this juvenile practice should fade out fairly quickly.
                        Sage of the GTA...

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                        X