/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Ball in bounds but stance OB on road - relief?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball in bounds but stance OB on road - relief?

I was playing in a member- guest today and had a rules situation I wasn’t sure about. Playing a par 4 where out of bounds is defined by a road that runs down the left side. My tee shot came to rest a foot from the road (so in bounds), but my stance was on the road (OB). My feeling was that since my stance was on a road, I was entitled to a free one club length drop since the road would be an immovable obstruction. I was told that the road is out of bounds so no drop.

What are your thoughts here?

Thanks.

Originally posted by BananaSlice View Post
    I was playing in a member- guest today and had a rules situation I wasn’t sure about. Playing a par 4 where out of bounds is defined by a road that runs down the left side. My tee shot came to rest a foot from the road (so in bounds), but my stance was on the road (OB). My feeling was that since my stance was on a road, I was entitled to a free one club length drop since the road would be an immovable obstruction. I was told that the road is out of bounds so no drop.

What are your thoughts here?

Thanks.
    You were informed correctly. Artificial objects which are not on the course are not immovable obstructions (see definition of obstructions in the Rule book).

Comment

Padraig did this today, stood out of bounds and hit the ball which was in bounds
      MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post

You were informed correctly. Artificial objects which are not on the course are not immovable obstructions (see definition of obstructions in the Rule book).
        Good to know, thanks

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X