X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wedges
    replied
    Originally posted by Left behind View Post

Easily the clear winner. Punishment for hitting a perfect shot.
    Golf is a game where we play it as it lies; that includes good lies and bad ones. I remember reading one time, that it was never meant to be fair. I like that.

Leave a comment:

• bcampb00
    replied
    I will vote for the double hit rule for worst. At least that one is going to change. I don’t mind the divot thing - all part of the imperfect state that defines golf

Leave a comment:

• ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by aaagc View Post
    ​​​​​It's not going to change.
    Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
    often a divot on a public course is a result of golfers not replacing or filling them properly.
    Ground under repair includes any holes made by a greenkeeper so including a divot isn't all that far-fetched.
    Last edited by ninja; Jul 30, 2018, 06:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• golfingtime
    replied
    Originally posted by stevedimebag View Post

The fact is that golf is a game of skill and also one of luck. It's very unfortunate when ur ball is in a divot, but that's just bad luck.
    In the event u hit a terrible shot, looking OB, it hits a tree and comes back into the middle of the fairway - do you say 'no! I'll play 3 off the tee because that was a terrible shot and should have been OB?'
    Plenty of luck good & bad in golf. However to answer your post, no a fairway means you hit it where you were supposed to. I clip the ball and a divot is a mistake, which makes hitting out of one even harder.

Add to that often a divot on a public course is a result of golfers not replacing or filling them properly.

Leave a comment:

• stevedimebag
    replied
    Originally posted by Hit n try to find it View Post

Nice response... ? Can’t take your RO hat off ever eh. You are aware that when people complain about a certain rule it isn’t meant to insult you, or as a personal affront to you.

You could have offered even a little insight into how people will try to say everything on the fairway is or was a divot and need relief...
    The fact is that golf is a game of skill and also one of luck. It's very unfortunate when ur ball is in a divot, but that's just bad luck.
    In the event u hit a terrible shot, looking OB, it hits a tree and comes back into the middle of the fairway - do you say 'no! I'll play 3 off the tee because that was a terrible shot and should have been OB?'

Leave a comment:

• Hit n try to find it
    replied
    Just learn to to play the shot. It's not going to change.
    Nice response... ? Can’t take your RO hat off ever eh. You are aware that when people complain about a certain rule it isn’t meant to insult you, or as a personal affront to you.

You could have offered even a little insight into how people will try to say everything on the fairway is or was a divot and need relief...

Leave a comment:

• golfingtime
    replied
    Not the point...... A ridiculous rule.

3 off the tee vs. unplayable and get a drop also irks me (not that I do it).....

Leave a comment:

• aaagc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Left behind
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
    Came up during our trip to Michigan, and I wholeheartedly agree...

Having to hit a shot out of a divot
    Easily the clear winner. Punishment for hitting a perfect shot.

Leave a comment:

• Big Shooter
    started a topic What's the DUMBEST Rule in golf?

What's the DUMBEST Rule in golf?

Came up during our trip to Michigan, and I wholeheartedly agree...

Having to hit a shot out of a divot
Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X