Collapse

Stop Picking Up Balls!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goudok View Post
    You have problems with someone picking up your ball? Well I do too, and I hate it. However a few years ago my buddy left a Scotty Cameron by the green, because of a chip in and then a hole later he realized he left it, goes back a 4 some of Asians, so he politely asked if they found it, they said no. Then he went to a hole prior to that and obviously it wouldnt be there so he wen't and one of the guys had it in his bah and he was covering it with another head cover.
    What is the point of this post?
    And, why the specific reference to them being Asians?

Comment

Said it before in other posts, some people enjoy the hunt for fresh, clean new balls more than the game itself (I've seen that look of glee in another's eyes)...

I personally NEVER pick up balls that are not mine, and can't stand when I witness it, generally losing it when I see it.

I have had numerous experience with Marshall's picking up balls, handing them back when 'caught' and this is one of the well kept secrets of marshalling (ie: You're not going to pay me, give me playing privilieges that I used to have, so I'm going to collect balls on my 'rounds' around the course to make up for it)...

There are certain courses, where if i hit it wayward, I anxiously almost run to the general area as I know if I don't, it's gone baby gone.

- Ian
      TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
      TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
      TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
      TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
      TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
      * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
      TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
      TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
      TM TP5 Golf Ball
      Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
      SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
      Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

What is the point of this post?
        And, why the specific reference to them being Asians?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	2864299
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by aaagc View Post

Relevance?
          another R-word

Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Playing at BraeBen this past week I had one that really chaps my hide.

Playing from the whites, 14th hole; I hadn't seen a group ahead for a good few minutes but I waited a couple minutes to let the blind valley clear anyways. Drove to the left to cut the corner - it was poetry. My best drive ever on that hole. I just knew I was either on the green or close enough I could probably putt from where my ball landed. I got down there as quickly as my cart would allow and there's a twosome in a cart - riding right past the left edge of the green. They stop, I slow behind and apologize that I didn't know anyone was still down here. The lady looks back right in my eyes, looks back to the ground, sees a ball, picks it up and they speed off.

WHAT. THE. HECK?

I followed them all the way to the next tee box and asked if they'd picked up a Vice Drive Number 1 with two blue dots to the right of the number? She rummages for a second, produces that very ball and says "Sorry, I used to have one just like it." What does that even mean?!?

I was fuming so much I didn't say a word, turned around to drop the ball approximately where I thought it was when she picked it up and finished the hole.

It was, BTW, quite probably my best ever drive on that hole. Just into the collection area to the left of the green. Should have been a dead simple birdie but I was so pissed off I two putted after my frustrated, over enthusiastic, rushed chip shot.

So yeah - STOP PICKING UP BALLS!

(Other involved party's heritage / nationality excluded!)

Originally posted by achow View Post
            I once left a Cleveland wedge at Deer Creek. When I called to see if someone turned it in, the person laughed when I told them what club it was. They said rarely are good name brand clubs turned in -- only the crappy, low end clubs are in the lost and found. The only way to not stay mad is to believe in karma...
            Last year I found a darn near brand new Vokey beside a green. I turned it into the pro shop because I couldn't identify any of the golfers from the group ahead of us.

Minutes later as I'm changing my shoes a golf cart comes barrelling across the parking lot, the panicked driver asking "HEYDIDANYONESEEAWEDGE?"

I asked what kind, he told me it was a Vokey with a lime green grip, I told him it was in the pro shop. The relief that spread across his face was worth it.
            Last edited by WestendStew; Sep 19, 2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestendStew View Post
              Playing at BraeBen this past week I had one that really chaps my hide.

Playing from the whites, 14th hole
              Did you have to say WHITES? Could you not have said MIDDLE TEES ...LOL sorry I couldn't help lpl

Comment

Originally posted by acgiorgio View Post

Did you have to say WHITES? Could you not have said MIDDLE TEES ...LOL sorry I couldn't help lpl
                Well done sir hahahaha

Comment

Got paired up with a group the other week. 1st hole my tee shot goes into the first cut. I’m shocked not to be able to find my ball when I walk to where I thought it was.

Yup. One of the dudes IN MY GROUP picked it up. He reaches into his pocket and says “this it?” ...yeah, that’s it. he was quite apologetic and clearly didn’t know it was mine, but buddy, come on. FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by acgiorgio View Post

As a middle child I resent that!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Wierd View Post
                      Got paired up with a group the other week. 1st hole my tee shot goes into the first cut. I’m shocked not to be able to find my ball when I walk to where I thought it was.

Yup. One of the dudes IN MY GROUP picked it up. He reaches into his pocket and says “this it?” ...yeah, that’s it. he was quite apologetic and clearly didn’t know it was mine, but buddy, come on. FFS.
                      Haha wow I can't say I've ever had someone in my group pick up my ball! That is about as bad as it gets regarding this thread.

Comment

FYI, if you lost a 'premium' ball at Otter Creek in the last couple of years, see Jayhawker (aka "Ballhawker")

p.s., if you want to try a K-sig, there's 1 along the road somewhere on Bayview Av. (adjacent to #6 at The Summit GC)
                        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post
                          Happened to me yesterday too - number 16 at Hornby Glen - my drive went right, right into the adjacent fairway - approx 270 from the tee - I saw it land and could clearly see it from the tee box. the group on that hole drove and it my ball and played my ball - didn't even bother to look at it to see if it was his .

I was pissed - it messed up the rest of my round....
                          Just curious why you needed to mention it was a 270 yards drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
                            Maybe it was farther than a normal person would expect which contributed to why his partner picked it up?

Or you are trolling ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnrw View Post
                              I always measure my drives off the tee - that was good one for me that round so I remembered it....

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post

Haha wow I can't say I've ever had someone in my group pick up my ball! That is about as bad as it gets regarding this thread.
                                I had a good buddy of mine, who plays off +2 do it to me in a decent sized tournament.

"You weren't playing a Titleist, were you?"

Laughs, swears and pulls it out of his pocket.

"I'll go put it back"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X