Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Push/Pull Carts on Tees & Greens?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

    Amazing eh? 2 of the best courses in the country and they actually encourage it.
    Does Cabot have the same grasses on greens and fairways (ie fescue)?

    I think a lot of courses with pure bent greens worry about infestation by poa or other grasses which can be caused by tracking seed on to the green from fairways/rough on the bottom of shoes and/or trolley wheels. So they don't ask us to take shoes off but keep carts off of greens

    If they have tough native fescues on both greens and fairways maybe it's not a concern.
    Last edited by bogey5; Nov 17, 2018, 09:43 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Giller31 View Post

      Are other players standing on the tee deck in the players line of sight?
      yes.
      IMO only that player should be on the deck . what's so hard about waiting your turn?

      remember the novelty of the Fondue, and why it quickly lost its charm?
      Nobody bothered to learn the required etiquette that comes with eating out of a common pot.
      Last edited by bl8d; Nov 17, 2018, 10:03 AM.
      Things change.

      Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
      Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
      Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
      Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
      Cleve 53,57 s300
      Cal Tuttle

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

        Does Cabot have the same grasses on greens and fairways (ie fescue)?

        I think a lot of courses with pure bent greens worry about infestation by poa or other grasses which can be caused by tracking seed on to the green from fairways/rough on the bottom of shoes and/or trolley wheels. So they don't ask us to take shoes off but keep carts off of greens

        If they have tough native fescues on both greens and fairways maybe it's not a concern.
        Not sure to be honest but as you mention, people walk from one to another so what's the difference? And again, in Australia it is encouraged as well.
        MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bl8d View Post

          remember the novelty of the Fondue, and why it quickly lost its charm?
          Nobody bothered to learn the required etiquette that comes with eating out of a common pot.
          Great stretch , but somehow I don't think it's quite the same thing...

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by bl8d View Post

            yes.
            IMO only that player should be on the deck . what's so hard about waiting your turn?
            Over the years have played with a few folks who want that and others who are very particular about what side you stand or park the cart on when they are hitting
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post

              Great stretch , but somehow I don't think it's quite the same thing...
              lol cheese please.

              Btw. The house rule that permits the rolling of carts across the green only applies to a few courses in Australia.
              Other than those isolated instances, the vast majority follow the same on-course etiquette rules as ours.
              Things change.

              Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
              Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
              Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
              Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
              Cleve 53,57 s300
              Cal Tuttle

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by bl8d View Post

                yes.
                IMO only that player should be on the deck . what's so hard about waiting your turn?

                remember the novelty of the Fondue, and why it quickly lost its charm?
                Nobody bothered to learn the required etiquette that comes with eating out of a common pot.
                Used to get even worse at parties with Fondue and Veggie dips, YUK.

                Comment


                • #38
                  and then this happens..... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181116-183531.png
Views:	24
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	2890352
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                    and then this happens..... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181116-183531.png
Views:	24
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	2890352
                    notice how her spikes barely penetrate the green? That's one green you could roll across.
                    Things change.

                    Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
                    Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
                    Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
                    Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                    Cleve 53,57 s300
                    Cal Tuttle

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by bl8d View Post

                      yes.
                      IMO only that player should be on the deck . what's so hard about waiting your turn?

                      remember the novelty of the Fondue, and why it quickly lost its charm?
                      Nobody bothered to learn the required etiquette that comes with eating out of a common pot.
                      That seems a stretch, UNLESS you play golf with Brad Marchand.....

                      Originally posted by bl8d View Post

                      notice how her spikes barely penetrate the green? That's one green you could roll across.
                      I think that green's been rolled more than once. Stimp's off the charts....
                      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                      ...Iggy

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by bl8d View Post

                        yes.
                        IMO only that player should be on the deck . what's so hard about waiting your turn?
                        Hmm well then you should avoid certain courses then. Playing Cobble Beach, the 2nd hole, you leave your gear up by the forward tees and walk back to where the blue tees are. Not really anywhere else for playing partners to stand but, on the tee deck. Would seem excessive to say "OK boys stay on the other side until I hit". Hidden Lake New Course, #4 is kind of the same.
                        What's in the bag?
                        TM M2
                        Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
                        PING Sigma G Putter
                        Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                          and then this happens..... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181116-183531.png
Views:	24
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	2890352
                          'This' never happens....

                          BTW, her shoulders are open and she has a strong grip.
                          She's going to miss that one to the left.
                          Sage of the GTA...

                          Comment


                          Join The TGN Email List

                          Collapse

                          Recently Joined

                          Collapse

                          Topics: 174,750   Posts: 1,830,132   Members: 47,321   Active Members: 266
                          Welcome to our newest member, Williams26ers.

                          Today's Birthdays

                          Collapse

                          PGA Leaderboard

                          Collapse


                          TGN Sponsors

                          Working...
                          X