No announcement yet.
Collapse

Push/Pull Carts on Tees & Greens?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll side with no carts (push/pull/whatever) on tees and definitely not on greens. If the club has their own rules about where carts can go, follow those rules - it's their "house".

Comment

They roll their trolleys across the greens down under with part of the rationale being there's less damage from golfers walking across greens on different random paths to their ball than wearing a path around the fringe/collar by taking the same route every day of the season.
      Could also be some different grasses and stuff vs here but I don't know.

Comment

I’d rather see push carts be taken across greens (in presumably different paths all the time) than to see golfers take them between the bunker and the green, which ends up matting the grass down. I always walk around, and don’t see it causing any delay in play as long as you’re smart about where you park it.

Comment

I honestly don't see the issue with bags/carts on the tee deck, but I try to keep mine to the side and away from the teeing ground in play. People's feet and taking a divot with each practice swing will cause far more damage than a couple of big, flat wheels supporting 30 lbs or so.

Also, in case you're wondering what the forum thought about this in 2011: https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...ag-on-tee-deck

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
            The woman at Burlington Springs (over their ridiculous PA system) told us to get our push carts off the tee box once. Asking is one thing, "telling" is another. "Get your carts of the tee" vs "Please can you gentlemen remove your carts from the tee".

Seems the USGA has a video on this and watching the video just now (at 1:45), it says that pull carts shouldn't be in the approach area in front of a green, nor in the narrow area between bunker and green. So there you have it, I learned something new.
            http://www.usga.org/videos/2013/03/0...te-220501.html
            It's been a couple of years but that's BS (appropriate) in a nutshell. A buddy once got yelled at for not being early enough.

Re carts though, usually plenty of room near the tee box and no idea why anyone would roll them over a green.

Comment

I see no issue with taking my pull cart onto the tee deck. The turf is comparable to the fairway IMO and honestly putting my cart outside of where I'm teeing up (e.g. between the blocks) isn't a big deal (again IMO). Is leaning my bag on the stands on the tee deck gonna be frowned upon?

Greens are off of course.
              What's in the bag?
              TM M2
              Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
              PING Sigma G Putter
              Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post

It's been a couple of years but that's BS (appropriate) in a nutshell. A buddy once got yelled at for not being early enough.
                Early enough? Wow....

I can honestly say that I've never even heard of Burlington Springs.

Certainly won't go near it now.

Comment

Cabot was pull carts everywhere... Greens, tee decks, walkways, etc... Everywhere but the nature areas. Oh and watch your cart placement near cliffs and deep bunkers. #byebye
                  Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                  Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                  Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                  Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
                  Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                  Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                  Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                  Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

Early enough? Wow....

I can honestly say that I've never even heard of Burlington Springs.

Certainly won't go near it now.
                    Old public track (value-priced and decent) in north Burlington. The mecca of public golf in the west GTA. Near Hidden Lake, Carlisle, Cross Winds, Lowville, Indian Wells, and Dragons Fire.

It was really just one person at Burlington Springs that abused the PA system. Most respect it and only use it to announce groups to the tee. Hidden Lake does it as well.

You'd often hear that person having pro shop conversations (forgetting to turn the PA system off), and the odd berating of a customer. Comical really, but haven't seen that (heard) that in a couple of years though.
                    – Greg

Comment

at one time there were no defined greens just a hole on the coarse fairway to play to ,and the T- box for the next hole was only a club's
                      length from the hole you just finished putting out.
                      When irons became a permanent inclusion in a club set, divots made that proximity impractical.
                      The game has changed with the times, and improved conditions led to new rules that abandoned the old ones.
                      So why do some of you want drag it backwards with your cart on the t-box where it will obviously be in a players line of sight?
                      Golf may be a game deeply rooted to the past, but many of its rules have either changed or been eliminated altogether over the centuries.
                      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                        So why do some of you want drag it backwards with your cart on the t-box where it will obviously be in a players line of sight?
                        http://mentalfloss.com/article/56163...o-longer-exist
                        Are other players standing on the tee deck in the players line of sight?
                        What's in the bag?
                        TM M2
                        PING Sigma G Putter

Comment

Originally posted by Giller31 View Post

Are other players standing on the tee deck in the players line of sight?
                          I guess so.

Along with the horizon, among other offenders....
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I guess so.

The horizon is only a problem during daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I guess so.

Ha! Horizon, blades of grass and other culprits!
                              What's in the bag?
                              TM M2
                              PING Sigma G Putter

Comment

Originally posted by jburns View Post
                                Cabot was pull carts everywhere... Greens, tee decks, walkways, etc... Everywhere but the nature areas. Oh and watch your cart placement near cliffs and deep bunkers. #byebye
                                Amazing eh? 2 of the best courses in the country and they actually encourage it.
                                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X