/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Push/Pull Carts on Tees & Greens?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeetoGrnr
    replied
    Originally posted by rodeohook View Post
    Most courses with high amounts of walkers with push carts (Beverly Golf for example) have the issue of keeping carts off the space between the green collars and bunkers to keep them from getting warn down. In most cases I end up doing a large loop around greens.

I still maintain a modern balanced pushcart does far less damage to a green then golfers with happy feet.
    This was my opinion as well...rolling THRU the green collars is OK IMO. Those "large loops" can be pretty large though which is why I don't want a hard/fast rule of not allowed.

Leave a comment:

• rodeohook
    replied
    Most courses with high amounts of walkers with push carts (Beverly Golf for example) have the issue of keeping carts off the space between the green collars and bunkers to keep them from getting warn down. In most cases I end up doing a large loop around greens.

I still maintain a modern balanced pushcart does far less damage to a green then golfers with happy feet.

Leave a comment:

• ponzibynature
    replied
    Can the OP or admin do a survey to help the public golfers out on this matter? or do we have to start another thread?

It'll be helpful as they'll be alot of push/pull carts on the course next week.

Leave a comment:

• rgk5
    replied
    Mandaringolfer might pull his cart across the green as he likes the sound of sunflower seed shells being crushed by the wheels.

Leave a comment:

• outthere
    replied
    I don’t take clubs or cart on the tee or green and avoid heavy traffic areas around both as well.

Leave a comment:

• AdiosAmigo
    replied
    300 people/day. Day afyer day rolling their bag over the same spot day after day will cause undesirable turf situation in that area. It works at some places that have 10-15k sqft greens. Tees are what ever they get **** kicked anyway.

Youre walking the course, why take every short cut you can?

Leave a comment:

• bl8d
    replied
    Originally posted by rodeohook View Post
    At cabot they encourage taking pushcarts on tees and greens is acceptable becuase of the size and navigating the property. I frequently roll my 4 wheel sun mountain across tees and there is no way it does anywhere near the damage as a "healthy sized" golfer with happy feet.

The trouble around the greens is more to do with traffic flow and volume of golfers entering or leaving over the same piece of land than bags or carts.
    you have identified the real issue with bringing carts onto or rolling over the green.

Should you be so unfortunate to overshoot the green on your approach shot, and your ball ends up in that specific flattened patch of grass, you will have a very difficult chip because you will be swinging into the grain .

Leave a comment:

• rodeohook
    replied
    At cabot they encourage taking pushcarts on tees and greens is acceptable becuase of the size and navigating the property. I frequently roll my 4 wheel sun moutain across tees and there is no way it does anywhere near the damage as a "healthy sized" golfer with happy feet.

The trouble around the greens is more to do with traffic flow and volume of golfers entering or leaving over the same piece of land than bags or carts.

Leave a comment:

• tniloc
    replied
    Originally posted by RS83 View Post
    Last year one of my regular group members brought a guest who plays at a private course in Toronto. As we approached the first green he asked if we allowed push carts on the greens. I thought he was joking but apparently his course was doing a pilot project where push carts where allowed on the green. The name of his home course escapes me but I know it was a private track somewhere in the GTA.
    I played at Bayview in 2018 and the member said they piloted it and it was staying - walking across the green but not "parking" on it. The rolling wheels do no damage and it saves time. For what its worth if my round (midday weekday) was any indication they need to do whatever they can to improve pace of play there.

I asked the Greens Committee at my course after that round and they said it does not do any damage but once you allow that some people may be less careful. That and you have to manage the members with automatic or electric carts too, which are popular at my club. Pace of play already at or under four hours so no real need for it either in that regard.

Leave a comment:

• hammy1983
    replied
    tee block... I have no issue with.
    greens.. I cant see it doing any more damage than people but its not necessary so might as well avoid it.

Leave a comment:

• 4wedges
    replied
    Originally posted by RS83 View Post
    Last year one of my regular group members brought a guest who plays at a private course in Toronto. As we approached the first green he asked if we allowed push carts on the greens. I thought he was joking but apparently his course was doing a pilot project where push carts where allowed on the green. The name of his home course escapes me but I know it was a private track somewhere in the GTA.
    I've never heard or seen anyone take a push/pull cart on the green. That's out of line IMO.

Leave a comment:

• johnny canuck
    replied
    Originally posted by rulie View Post
    I have an opinion on that - idiocy. It may be permitted in the sandbelt courses in Australia, but that doesn't mean that good turf care would permit it anywhere else. Why would anyone think, or want to, that it's ok to take a push/pull cart on a green and leave it next to their ball (like they do on a fairway)? Where's the respect for the course?
    I've never heard of a course allowing you to keep your push buggy on the green as you putt, only take it across. Out here, I'd say the majority don't allow it, but there isn't too much objection if someone does.

On a funny side note, I had a letter written to the committee about me a couple years back.

A member at my club, complained that I was damaging the course by walking on the tee block with my bag on, and also exiting some tees by walking forward, instead of coming off to the side on to the cart path and proceeding.

I weigh about 200, and was carrying a Sunday bag that weighs next to nothing. The complainer had an easy 40+ pounds on me as he pranced around the tee blocks. Needless to say. the committee only informed me about it for my own amusement.

Leave a comment:

• rulie
    replied
    I have an opinion on that - idiocy. It may be permitted in the sandbelt courses in Australia, but that doesn't mean that good turf care would permit it anywhere else. Why would anyone think, or want to, that it's ok to take a push/pull cart on a green and leave it next to their ball (like they do on a fairway)? Where's the respect for the course?

Leave a comment:

• RS83
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rulie
    replied
    My opinions - no golf carts (power or otherwise) on greens or tees. Carry bags ok on tees, but not on greens, ok to walk across the green carrying your bag (or carry your bag and cart if you wish). Ok for pull/push carts between bunkers and greens unless the course says otherwise (it's their property, their rules apply, just like my house). Keep power carts at least 20 yards from greens and obey the club's rules for power carts (again, their course, their rules).
    Treat the course with respect, it might reward you for that sometimes.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 177,233   Posts: 1,863,860   Members: 47,798   Active Members: 335
Welcome to our newest member, EricT.
Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...