Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current rules - ball holed with flagstick in place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current rules - ball holed with flagstick in place

So I was one of the 5 people who played at Copetown Woods today. Turned out to be a pretty nice afternoon.

However, on a number of holes, the flagstick was frozen in place. If yank really hard, could actually pull the whole hole liner out as one piece.

So, next year, no harm, no foul. However, what should be the ruling today?
    I don't know of any exceptions/exemptions that allow escape from the 2 stroke penalty.

Oh wait, just take a gimme when the flagstick is frozen in the hole - no penalty required! Click image for larger version

Name:	icon7.gif
Views:	71
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	2900334

Originally posted by kimi View Post

So, next year, no harm, no foul. However, what should be the ruling today?
    I don't know of any exceptions/exemptions that allow escape from the 2 stroke penalty.

I do.

It's the "It's December and we're playing golf and so who cares about the rules" rule.
    Last edited by Cdntac; Dec 14, 2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Rules? On December 14th in Ontario? Really? You play with a tough crowd.

"Do I get relief if my ball is embedded in a snowbank, or am I obliged to wait until Spring?"
      Sage of the GTA...

Comment

oh wait - another and even better solution, esp in Dec - don't keep score!

Comment

Often when playing in winter, in below freezing temps, at any of the few places that are open, not only are the pins frozen in the cups, but the cups are filled with frozen water to the brim.

So, balls skitter across the iced up holes, and even if one stops in the cup, they can't drop below the surface of the lip so there is no way to actually fully hole the ball into the cup.

Might have to start carrying an ice pick.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Or a blow torch
            Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
            - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by aaagc View Post
              Or a blow torch
              LOL...that's a better idea.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 174,750   Posts: 1,830,139   Members: 47,321   Active Members: 266
              Welcome to our newest member, Williams26ers.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
              X