Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which golfer are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGT4
    replied
    If you are not one of the true gentlemen, who have thus far said they would never stoop so low, you may as well tell the opponent before you tee off because Interpretation 20.1b(2)/1 tells you to make the claim now or forever hold you peace.

Rule 20.1b(2) Interpretations:
    20.1b(2)/1 – Request for Ruling Must Be Made in Time
    A player is entitled to know the status of his or her match at all times or that a ruling request will be settled later in the match. A request for a ruling must be made in time to prevent a player from trying to apply penalties later in the match. Whether a ruling will be given depends on when the player becomes aware of the facts (not when he or she learned that something was a penalty) and when the request for a ruling was made. For example, during the first hole of a match without a referee, Player A properly lifts his or her ball to check for damage under Rule 4.2c(1), determines that it is cut and substitutes a new ball under Rule 4.2c(2). Unknown to Player A, Player B sees the condition of the original ball and privately disagrees with Player A’s assessment. However, Player B decides to overlook the possible breach and says nothing to Player A. Both players hole out and play from the next teeing area. At the conclusion of the final hole, Player A is the winner of the match, 1up. Walking off the putting green, when the Committee is readily available, Player B changes his or her mind and tells Player A that he or she disagrees with the substitution that Player A made on the first hole and is making a request to the Committee for a ruling. The Committee should determine that the ruling request by Player B was not made in time as Player B was aware of the facts during play of the first hole and, subsequently, a stroke was made on the second hole (Rule 20.1b(2)). Therefore, the Committee should decide that no ruling will be given.
    The match stands as played with Player A as the winner.
    Last edited by JGT4; Apr 1, 2019, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mcgsxr
    replied
    I don't play competitive golf so I cannot give a real answer.

I also only ever carry 12-13 so I would offer to store it for them. Likely also not legit, but amusing!

Leave a comment:

• nearace
    replied
    I mind my own business,and don't count others clubs.

Leave a comment:

• mpare
    replied
    I always count my clubs to make sure there aren't more than 14 in the bag. I never go out of my way to count my opponents. However, if I noticed that my opponent had more than 14 clubs, then I'd tell him before we teed off. Years ago, as a junior in Maine I told my opponent, a man much older than me, that he had 15 clubs in his bag, and that he might want to remove one. He responded angrily that I should mind my own business. I smiled and told him that the pro was only a few feet away, and that we should have a chat with him. The extra club was removed. Oh, and he lost the match, which was played in 1966. The encounter stuck with me.
    Last edited by mpare; Apr 1, 2019, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rifleman
    replied
    Never thought of looking, but I don't play competitive golf like some here do. Not a concern for me.

Leave a comment:

• Geeve1008
    replied
    If you gotta think to check your opponents bag before the match... you know deep down he’s better then you lol

the reality of it is you probably aren’t gonna lose that match because he had both is 3 iron AND his hybrid in the bag that day...

Leave a comment:

• SwingingSticks
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
    I don’t recall ever looking in anyone’s bag and counting their clubs
    Pretty much this...

Leave a comment:

• Fore Warned
    replied
    /\ /\ /\ /\ The thought has never even crossed my mind to do a count on someone else's bag.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffc
    replied
    Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post

Remind me to play you in Bellevelle
    well, except you Gerry

Leave a comment:

• 4underthru9
    replied
    ^^^ Right On

Leave a comment:

• Big Shooter
    replied
    I'm with you, if you can't handle a guy playing with an extra club, you are the one with issues....take care of your OWN game!!

Leave a comment:

• golfingoalie
    replied
    Remind me to play you in Bellevelle

Leave a comment:

• Weirfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
    I'd put one of my own clubs in his bag, then tell him on the 3rd hole.

Who wouldn't?
    A few times I've had people ( friends) take a club out of my bag before a match putter is the one they usually get me on in Zona.....bustards

Leave a comment:

• Jeffc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ignatius Reilly
    replied
    I'd put one of my own clubs in his bag, then tell him on the 3rd hole.

Who wouldn't?

Leave a comment:

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 175,092   Posts: 1,832,676   Members: 47,363   Active Members: 278
Welcome to our newest member, Bobier21Golf.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
X