Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a playing partner cheating? - UPDATE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginrin View Post

So why was Kenny Perry not penalized?

I don't know if the rule at the time (over 12 years ago) mentioned intent but as far as I know, 'lack of intent' was not mentioned in the decision not to penalise him.
    But Perry claimed he was simply placing the clubhead on the ground. Which is of course permitted.

A report at the time quoted the PGA " ..... several members of the tournament committee reviewed the videotape of Kenny Perry, and no evidence of any rules violation was found .." John Paramor said much the same.

Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
    - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by aaagc View Post

It is a breach of the Rule regardless of whether there was any intent or not.
      'Pressing down' is simply not permitted
      Thanks, that is what I thought, and to OP address the issue with the league organizers is my advice.

Comment

Not to bring up a dated matter but if you read the bleacher report titled Perry to defend championship amid controversy, John Paramour definitely stated the rules with regards to intent.

Comment

Originally posted by ginrin View Post
          Not to bring up a dated matter but if you read the bleacher report titled Perry to defend championship amid controversy, John Paramour definitely stated the rules with regards to intent.
          Whoever John Palmer (sic) is, the rule makes no mention of intent. It was not one of the criteria.

PS I don't believe John Paramor is a paramour
          Last edited by aaagc; May 21, 2019, 05:44 PM.
          Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
          - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 168,554   Posts: 1,764,208   Members: 46,234   Active Members: 256
          Welcome to our newest member, underscore.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
          X