Collapse

Sunflower Seeds

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandaringolfer View Post

Part of the appeal for eating sunflower seeds is the busy work your mouth needs to do to remove the tasty morsel while ejecting the shell. So, no I won't be buying the shelled sunflower seeds in the future. It will be me and my cheek filled with seeds discarding the shells in nature. These shells aren't trash. It's not like I'm not tossing a Coke can in the pond or a chocolate bar wrapper in the rough. These naturally occurring (sunflower seed) shells will decompose naturally. 'Nuf said. I guess we can agree to disagree!
    Your (possibly infectious, certainly unhygienic) spittle does not naturally occur on my golf ball.
    Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
    - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Are you serious?

Part of the appeal for eating sunflower seeds is the busy work your mouth needs to do to remove the tasty morsel while ejecting the shell. So, no I won't be buying the shelled sunflower seeds in the future. It will be me and my cheek filled with seeds discarding the shells in nature. These shells aren't trash. It's not like I'm not tossing a Coke can in the pond or a chocolate bar wrapper in the rough. These naturally occurring (sunflower seed) shells

will decompose naturally. 'Nuf said. I guess we can agree to disagree!

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

I used to eat them on the course (dill pickle flavour actually) but Covid has made me realize it's a definite d-bag move that one can live without and needs to go. Do it in your own backyard out of sight from others.

Plus, I've always figured it's bad for your front teeth and it's gonna be sketchy going to the dentist for a good time to come.

My stash went in the trash. I'll be OK.

Comment

Part of the appeal for eating sunflower seeds is the busy work your mouth needs to do to remove the tasty morsel while ejecting the shell. So, no I won't be buying the shelled sunflower seeds in the future. It will be me and my cheek filled with seeds discarding the shells in nature. These shells aren't trash. It's not like I'm not tossing a Coke can in the pond or a chocolate bar wrapper in the rough. These naturally occurring (sunflower seed) shells will decompose naturally. 'Nuf said. I guess we can agree to disagree!

Comment

Major League Baseball not gonna allow players to spit out food if they get back to playing

High-fives, fist bumps and hugs would be prohibited under the plan, as would spitting, tobacco use and chewing sunflower seeds.

Comment

And you're a Teacher? #cantfixstupid

Comment

I’ve been trying to come up with a polite response to this but it’s not happening.

Spitting sunflower seed shells on the course is the act of an inconsiderate idiot. I hope someone speaks up and gets in your face about it this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

Nobody is allowed to touch the flagstick or rakes but you think it's ok to spit your food out on the green for others behind you to deal with.

That's a garbage move in normal times.

Not sure if you missed it, but bogey5's point is about how we are all being forced to take new preventive measures for hygiene on the golf course.

This means no more spitting of seeds. No more spitting of anything.

It's to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. There's a pandemic going on around the world. It's killed 1/3 of a million people in the past 3 months.

Just in case you missed it.

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

And you're a Teacher? #cantfixstupid
                  Can you report posts for just being too stupid?

It's almost like it was a troll post.
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X