Collapse

Sunflower Seeds

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunflower Seeds

I understand why someone would enjoy chomping down on sunflower seeds. But have any of you come across a green with sunflower seed shells that someone has spit out all over the place?
    I have come across this issue a couple of times. It's not something that someone really wants to clean up after because it's been in someones mouth.
    If your going to eat sunflower seeds on the course, carry around a container to spit them in, or spit the shells into the rough or something, not on the green. It's a nuisance to clean them up when they are in your line on the green.
    Poor etiquette at it's finest here, lol.
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus
    Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Ping G425 3 Hybrid
    Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 KBS Tour 120S
    Wedges: Ping Glide4 50.12, Ping Glide4 54.12, Mackdaddy 58.10
    Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4
    Ball: TM TP5

I've experienced that at one of my home courses and it's gross. It's such a beautiful place with amazing mature trees and gorgeous views, and some slobs spit out food waste all over the green.

Comment

It was rampant although this year I have not seen it as much. I guess the buffoons who did have been told!!!
      Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

I tend to eat seeds when I'm on the course...I'm always a bit hesitant to even spit on the tee box or fairway, much less the green. I don't get it.

Comment

Cant recall seeing any this year
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Only once this season....maybe the message got thru!
            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I’m a member at The Country Club, in Woodbridge. For years there is someone at the club who spits shells on all the greens. I can’t believe that his playing partners never tell him how disgusting he is. I’m guessing he plays with the same guys all the time because if he played with random people, someone would have spoken up.

Comment

Its rampant at Kingsville, purely disrespect for the course, the members and the greens super!!!
                " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
                Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
                Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
                Ping i20
                MacGregor response
                Snickers tour bag
                Pro V1

Comment

It is a nuisance but kinda funny the 1st time I saw it.
                  Save the shells for the basebalk diamond

Comment

The super at our course used to complain constantly about the sunflower shells on the greens until he realized that that snack bar in the pro shop was selling them. They don't sell sunflower seeds anymore.LOL
                    Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

Can honestly never say I have seen or noticed this like on any course I play...

Comment

I always thought that one that succeeds were parrots.
                        My game is rubbish with shades of brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by rpangman View Post
                          The super at our course used to complain constantly about the sunflower shells on the greens until he realized that that snack bar in the pro shop was selling them. They don't sell sunflower seeds anymore.LOL
                          Sometimes the solutions to problems are right in front of your nose.!

Originally posted by Tphilp View Post
                          Can honestly never say I have seen or noticed this like on any course I play...
                          Can't say that I have either. Every time this issue comes up I wonder why it's at some courses and not others.
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Can't say that I have either. Every time this issue comes up I wonder why it's at some courses and not others.
                            Same here. Cant say I've ever noticed them at my course. Thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I picture whoever is doing the seed spitting as a frequent golfnow hot deal player LOL sorry couldn’t help myself

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X