No announcement yet.
Collapse

Sunflower Seeds

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discarded cigar and cigarette butts are more disgusting.
    The world is not your ashtray!

Comment

Gross and a nuisance!
      "3 bad shots and 1 good one equals PAR"

Comment

agreed just ignorant. similar to people throwing their cigarette butts out of their cars.
        In the Bag:

Titleist 915 D3 - Diamana Whiteboard
        Mizuno 3 & 5 woods - TT steel shaft
        Mizuno MP-52 KBS Tour shafts
        Mizuno 56 black ox - TT
        Mizuno 60 raw haze - TT
        Odessy White hot custom fit - will take this putter to my grave

Comment

Originally posted by Just hit it View Post
          agreed just ignorant. similar to people throwing their cigarette butts out of their cars.
          Ya that's the worst. Was riding the ninja on Dundas in Burlington last year on a hot day with my visor open and someone tossed their butt. It managed to get inside my helmet....could have ended alot worse than it did. Just a little burn under my left eye.
          My Mixed Bag:
          Driver:
          Ping G410 Plus
          Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood
          Hybrid: Ping G425 3 Hybrid
          Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 KBS Tour 120S
          Wedges: Ping Glide4 50.12, Ping Glide4 54.12, Mackdaddy 58.10
          Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy
          Bag: Sun Mountain C130
          Cart: Sun Mountain Pathfinder PX3
          Ball: TM TP5

Comment

Same here. When I used to, I would refrain from it aside from the rough areas and paths. Avoided shells on the tee and greens for sure. Probably did on fairways behind my balls lining up shot mind you.

I have since actually quit the seeds at ball and golf in general however. Especially golf. Might cave in at ball, but overall in the course of a day the sodium content and way my mouth felt got to me. Changed my nutrition game plan on the course with much better results.

Originally posted by johnnybiarritz View Post
            I tend to eat seeds when I'm on the course...I'm always a bit hesitant to even spit on the tee box or fairway, much less the green. I don't get it.

Comment

I smoke but never flick my butts away! Always use the ashtray and field strip them on the course and throw themin the garbage.
              "3 bad shots and 1 good one equals PAR"

Comment

just a heads up for those that are responsible for this filthy spitting habit.during the golf season. Your playing partners may give you a bit more space this season and not want to shake your hand after.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

stop all this hating!

There are worse things in golf like unfixed ball marks on greens, unrated bunkers, SLOW PLAY, patrons who take their golf carts into all areas of the course....... the seed shells will blow away and naturally decompose in the greens space. No biggie!

Mandarin Golfer

Comment

Originally posted by mandaringolfer View Post
                    stop all this hating!

There are worse things in golf like unfixed ball marks on greens, unrated bunkers, SLOW PLAY, patrons who take their golf carts into all areas of the course....... the seed shells will blow away and naturally decompose in the greens space. No biggie!
                    Next time your behind me, let me know so I can spit all over the greens and get your reaction. No biggie though, it will just get absorbed into the green and you'll never notice.

Comment

stop all this hating!

Then grow up and buy ones that are already shelled. No one wants to walk over your trash.
                      In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                      Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                      TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                      TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                      PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                      TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                      Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                      TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

stop all this hating!

The Coronavirus can be spread by coming into contact with someone's saliva, so spitting sunflower seed shells can in fact be dangerous to others on a golf course, which in my book is a biggie. Think about sweeping some shells away with your putter and then unthinkingly wiping the putter face with your hand.

Research has shown that there’s risk of transmitting the deadly COVID-19 disease caused by the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) from saliva or spits of an infected person.

If I were a golf course manager I would prohibit all spiting on the course, including spiting sunflower seeds and indiscriminately littering or discarding cigarette and cigar butts.

Anyone caught spiting or not using an ashtray to discard smoking materials would be asked to leave.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

stop all this hating!

If it’s hateful to despise disgusting people then yeah, call me a hater.

Comment

stop all this hating!

Nobody is allowed to touch the flagstick or rakes but you think it's ok to spit your food out on the green for others behind you to deal with.

That's a garbage move in normal times.

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                              just a heads up for those that are responsible for this filthy spitting habit.during the golf season. Your playing partners may give you a bit more space this season and not want to shake your hand after.
                              It seems that not only golfing authorities are looking at this issue but that the soccer authorities may be changing their rules to penalises players for spitting of the pitch.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more...fa/ar-BB13iAXe
                              Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
                              - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Then grow up and buy ones that are already shelled. No one wants to walk over your trash.
                                Part of the appeal for eating sunflower seeds is the busy work your mouth needs to do to remove the tasty morsel while ejecting the shell. So, no I won't be buying the shelled sunflower seeds in the future. It will be me and my cheek filled with seeds discarding the shells in nature. These shells aren't trash. It's not like I'm not tossing a Coke can in the pond or a chocolate bar wrapper in the rough. These naturally occurring (sunflower seed) shells will decompose naturally. 'Nuf said. I guess we can agree to disagree!

Mandarin Golfer

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X