Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing out of sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing out of sale

The last 2 times I've gone to purchase a club/clubs online, I've had the seller bail out last minute to another buyer. Both times confirmed through text with price, meet time and location.

This happened twice in the last month. Am I missing something here? What happened to commitment and pending sale? These guys drive me nuts...

On the plus side.... I have $1300 more in the bank account.
    LC

Originally posted by lchammer View Post
    The last 2 times I've gone to purchase a club/clubs online, I've had the seller bail out last minute to another buyer. Both times confirmed through text with price, meet time and location.

This happened twice in the last month. Am I missing something here? What happened to commitment and pending sale? These guys drive me nuts...

On the plus side.... I have $1300 more in the bank account.
    It's Kiijiji/Craigslist...it's expected.
    IMO...seems like the sellers had their price a bit too low...so he/she had multiple offers on popular clubs.

In my experiences, it's normally the buyers who bail.

Comment

You may want to ask one of the mods to move this thread to a more appropriate forum, possibly "The Local Pub" or to the BST forum itself.

The "Rules and Etiquette" forum is for discussions and questions about the Rules of Golf.

Not a big deal at all, but there have been a few threads already about what to do when a deal falls through.
      Sage of the GTA...

Comment

ON kijiji or Facebook marketplace , back-outs happen all the time, but there its expected..... However, Its also happened to me on here as well a handful of times , once on a big ticket item , and IMO, reflects a complete lack of integrity and honesty from the seller. I simply just won't and don't deal with those people going forward.

Recently had a Scotty putter for sale and the person who bought it couldnt meet me for a couple days. I guess I listed it too low as had several others on kijiji offer full price and want to come get it ,one offered me $25 above what i had it priced at on Kijiji to jump ahead...I told them sorry, and said I would place them in the que
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
          ON kijiji or Facebook marketplace , back-outs happen all the time, but there its expected..... However, Its also happened to me on here as well a handful of times , once on a big ticket item , and IMO, reflects a complete lack of integrity and honesty from the seller. I simply just won't and don't deal with those people going forward.

Recently had a Scotty putter for sale and the person who bought it couldnt meet me for a couple days. I guess I listed it too low as had several others on kijiji offer full price and want to come get it ,one offered me $25 above what i had it priced at on Kijiji to jump ahead...I told them sorry, and said I would place them in the que
          That's the way to go.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

what was the outcome,did he come and claim it?
            Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
            Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
            Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
            Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
            Cleve 53,57 s300
            Cal Tuttle

Comment

It's just a common occurrence all the time, make note who they were and move on, don't lose any sleep or hair over it.

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post

what was the outcome,did he come and claim it?
                Yes...the first person got the putter
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

My kijiji rules...
                  First one with the cash gets it,no holds.
                  If you are gonna be late for the meet you better let me know.
                  I am not waiting more than 5 mins for you.

Comment

Originally posted by steveooo View Post
                    My kijiji rules...
                    First one with the cash gets it,no holds.
                    If you are gonna be late for the meet you better let me know.
                    I am not waiting more than 5 mins for you.
                    Agree, I am a little more lenient 15 minutes max

Comment

Bought and sold 100s of items on CL/KJ/FB over the years, could write a book on the shenanigans. Now I don't take any crap. As said above, no holds, buyers disappear off the face of the earth 99% of the time.

Recently I sold a newer set of Pings for a great price ( hindsight shoulda priced them a bit higher but I still made coin), got tons of interested parties, with a few requests for holds. One guy really really wanted them and sometimes you can tell they're decent, so I asked him for a deposit through etransfer or else it was first come first served. Told him if he looked at the clubs and changed his mind, then I'd just give him the deposit back. No hesitation in sending me $50. Came by a few days later and sealed the deal. I have used this way twice since, seems to sort out the serious buyers from the tire kickers.

On a whole though, I have found golfers to be a much better bunch than most

Comment

I have actually had more success on kijiji than I have had here on this site. I've only had one person not show for a meeting/purchase from kijiji, where I have had many people from this site agree to purchase something and then never hear from them again. I would have thought it would have been the other way around. As stated above, no holds, first come first served. I've also used the $25 deposit approach via etransfer and that seems to work OK to filter out tire kickers. I also usually attach a deadline to the deposit to either purchase or meet up, otherwise they forfeit the deposit. Don't leave anything open ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jass View Post
                          Bought and sold 100s of items on CL/KJ/FB over the years, could write a book on the shenanigans. Now I don't take any crap. As said above, no holds, buyers disappear off the face of the earth 99% of the time.

Recently I sold a newer set of Pings for a great price ( hindsight shoulda priced them a bit higher but I still made coin), got tons of interested parties, with a few requests for holds. One guy really really wanted them and sometimes you can tell they're decent, so I asked him for a deposit through etransfer or else it was first come first served. Told him if he looked at the clubs and changed his mind, then I'd just give him the deposit back. No hesitation in sending me $50. Came by a few days later and sealed the deal. I have used this way twice since, seems to sort out the serious buyers from the tire kickers.

On a whole though, I have found golfers to be a much better bunch than most
                          Good method. I'll be using that. Thanks
                          LC

Comment

The deposit methods described in the two posts above seem very reasonable.
                            WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

For the most part in my short time selling clubs my experiences here have been fairly smooth. Only 1 time has someone flopped on me here, and for a dumb reason too. Luckily I had a second buyer lined up and actually gave them a discount to get the sale done. Other than that TGN has been great to deal with

Kijiji has been mostly a head scratcher and partially annoying. The constant flood of low ball offers that I just ignore now but some guys show up, cash in hand and things go smooth.

But that's the whole selling used things online.
                              In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S - 9 Draw
                              Cobra King F7 - Tensei Blue 65 - S Flex - 15.5D
                              Ping G410 - Alta CB 70R - 19
                              Srixon Z585/785 - AMT Tour White S300
                              MD3 51 - Glide Stealth 2.0 56 - Glide 60
                              Edel E3 - Miura KM-006LH - Toulon SanDiego - & more
                              TP5-X
                              Ping Pioneer

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,561   Posts: 1,815,167   Members: 47,108   Active Members: 171
                              Welcome to our newest member, Gerg.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X