Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing out of sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First rule of Kijiji / BST: The first person to show up with cash in hand gets the item.

If you can't make it for a few days, have to wait until you get paid, have to wait until you sell another item, etc, i'm not holding the item for you. I always make it clear that if another offer comes in the interim, i'm taking it.
    10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
    16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
    20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
    4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
    Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

In our neighborhood we either donate the item to Goodwill, or a number of charities that will pick-up, or curb them.
      Clubs I've curbed are gone within the hour, two at most.
      It's an effective two-way street. Picked up a set of curbed Hogan Precision last month.

selling is too much of a hassle most time
      Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
      Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
      Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
      Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
      Cleve 53,57 s300
      Cal Tuttle

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
        In our neighborhood we either donate the item to Goodwill, or a number of charities that will pick-up, or curb them.
        Clubs I've curbed are gone within the hour, two at most.
        It's an effective two-way street. Picked up a set of curbed Hogan Precision last month.

selling is too much of a hassle most time
        Ive found some wonderful items by the curb ...some adorn my home, others I have sold on kijiji for a nice penny....like these gawd ugly , 1920's , antique cherub lamps that I made a quick $200 on....and a number of vintage receivers , turntables and speakers that i turned a quick and handsome profit on.....some needed a bit of work but i have the time or have a guy ....
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
          First rule of Kijiji / BST: The first person to show up with cash in hand gets the item.

If you can't make it for a few days, have to wait until you get paid, have to wait until you sell another item, etc, i'm not holding the item for you. I always make it clear that if another offer comes in the interim, i'm taking it.
          Yup this is bang on and exactly what I do as well. One thing that annoys me is when people are selling for others and then you have a 3 party negotiation.

Comment

I've had way more luck on Kijiji than here. But have met real nice people on both. I'm still amazed how many buyers want me to meet them somewhere when the ad clearly states pick up only. I will accommodate somewhat when a buyer is coming a long way. I will have to start insisting on first come first served though. Listening to some who claimed it was a done deal and then radio silence.

Comment

Rarely sell anything on here, proven to be a waste of time as you tend to answer more questions even when your ad provides enough detail; catering to window shoppers. I've also developed a keen sense of smell and can weed out the time wasters on here and Kijiji.

Comment

My favourite is when they are offended that you sold to someone else
                meanwhile they have low balled you and asked you to drive across the province to maybe meet up

Comment

the above are all good reason why I don't even bother to sell. I get more pleasure curbing or donating a lot of my stuff, and it's not crap either.
                  Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
                  Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
                  Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
                  Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                  Cleve 53,57 s300
                  Cal Tuttle

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                    I've had way more luck on Kijiji than here. But have met real nice people on both. I'm still amazed how many buyers want me to meet them somewhere when the ad clearly states pick up only. I will accommodate somewhat when a buyer is coming a long way. I will have to start insisting on first come first served though. Listening to some who claimed it was a done deal and then radio silence.
                    I bought quite a few things on Kiijii, TGN and also on the Ottawa Golf Site. Sometime I paid ahead and picked up the item 2 weeks later . . . sometime (twice) I pretty much got screwed, jacket is an XL but when I received it it was like a child L . . . once bought Raptors tickets, tell the guy I would pick them up tomorrow at 3:00 at his house in Brampton. I offer to pay but he said no worries. I get there and he sold to somebody else . . . idiot!!

I think communication is the most important thing. There are some bad buyers and some really bad sellers.
                    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by grasbunkers View Post
                      My favourite is when they are offended that you sold to someone else
                      meanwhile they have low balled you and asked you to drive across the province to maybe meet up
                      This one always makes me laugh. People get pretty worked up too!
                      10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                      16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                      20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                      4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                      Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

How about a month after you have closed the thread, and you have also listed the item as sold, and you get a PM - "Is this still available? I can offer $**.**" (A real lowball cost like they are doing you a favour).
                        No good deed goes unpunished.
                        A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

And what, if anything, does this have to do with the Rules of Golf or the Etiquette of playing the game of golf? Please move it elsewhere!!

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,561   Posts: 1,815,166   Members: 47,108   Active Members: 171
                          Welcome to our newest member, Gerg.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                          X