That'll teach her!!!!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That'll teach her!!!!

Thank god for rules!!!!!

Golfer Lee Ann Walker, unaware that caddies can no longer stand behind players as they putt, had to add 58 penalty strokes to her first two rounds at the Senior LPGA Championship.

Yup, when you play in a sports competition, its a good idea to know the rules. You'd think one of her or her caddy would know, guess they dont watch golf or read up on the rules.
    Doesn't sound like she cared much and took it in stride.

reminds me of my softball buddy who in his first at bat , in our first game one year smokes a bomb of a home run and as he's rounding third and catcher is picking up his bat to hand it to him, says hey ump this bat was banned for this season. Yer Out !
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Where has she or her caddie been not to know this rule?

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
        How would you have handled it?

What score would you think is appropriate?

57 would be very good and some sort of record, so that's available. Pretty much any number is available if you don't follow the rules.

As others have said, she seems good with it.

Although I love to play golf, I also have a fond spot for "Calvinball". It doesn't have a lot of pesky rules....

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
          Long retired LPGA pro...Lee Ann Walker .....hasn't played a competitive rd since 2011...now selling real estate....but even as a casual golfer...I think she still should have known the new rule.

Either a friend she brought along to loop and didn't know the rule or a local French Lick loop who just caddies for the common weekend hack who visits the resort and also doesn't pay attention to the rules of golf.

Comment

Translation, please! Mr Google tells me what "French Lick Loop" is and where it is, but what kind of person is a "French Lick loop"? It doesn't sound too flattering!

Comment

She was going to miss the cut anyways. Still, shame on her for not knowing the rules. It's the player's duty to know the important rules for the tournament...and this has been a highly debated topic for some time now unless you've been living under a rock. I don't understand how you can get to be that caliber of a player and have no idea how to line yourself up properly, it's mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinL View Post
                Translation, please! Mr Google tells me what "French Lick Loop" is and where it is, but what kind of person is a "French Lick loop"? It doesn't sound too flattering!
                A caddie (loop) from French Lick, Indiana. Where the tournament is hosted.

Comment

5 minutes I can't get back - Ridiculous!
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                    Don't know. How does a golfer move his ball 5 times in the fairway believing preferred lies are in play before someone says something?
                    http://www.golfwrx.com/578006/marcel...content=unused

Comment

She probably did not expect to be competitive. Now has a lot of publicity that she would otherwise never have.
                      And a great story to tell prospective clients.

Comment

Stupidity she and her caddie did not know the rules, but How did it go on so long and her playing partners and other caddies not let them know .
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I know it's a competition but a playing partner wouldn't think to mention it on a walk down the fairway after say the first dozen times it happened?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X