/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Wondering why there is a red hazard line on #17 at Bay Hill

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering why there is a red hazard line on #17 at Bay Hill

Watching the coverage of the API and loving that bunker on 17 that runs right into the water. Yesterday, for the first time, I noticed a hazard line in the bunker on the sand near the water. Why delineate this, are there things that would be different rules wise? All I could think of was casual water.

In honour of the power of women's minds and one in particular, my Sweetheart observed that this is likely to mark point of entry into the water for drop purposes. Thanks Hunny

Comment

Originally posted by danstanford View Post
      Watching the coverage of the API and loving that bunker on 17 that runs right into the water. Yesterday, for the first time, I noticed a hazard line in the bunker on the sand near the water. Why delineate this, are there things that would be different rules wise? All I could think of was casual water.
      There are also different Rules regarding bunkers and penalty areas. For example, you can ground your club at address in a penalty area, but not in a bunker.

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post

There are also different Rules regarding bunkers and penalty areas. For example, you can ground your club at address in a penalty area, but not in a bunker.
        Does Patrick Reed know this???

Comment

Originally posted by danstanford View Post
          I suggest a look at Rules 12 and 17 would help

Rule 12 https://www.usga.org/content/usga/ho...ule&rulenum=12

Rule 17 https://www.usga.org/content/usga/ho...ule&rulenum=17
          Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
          - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post

Does Patrick Reed know this???
            Nice try, but he wasn't in either at the Hero Challenge.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 175,897   Posts: 1,844,838   Members: 47,501   Active Members: 267
            Welcome to our newest member, swqeas24125.
            Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
            X