/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Hole out with new Covid rules

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Oaks of St. George had upside down cups this morning. Worked really well IMO, no added cost to the course, and no question if a putt is holed or not.
    WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
    Titleist TS3 10.5 or Ping G410 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65

    Titleist 818 H1 21 & 23 with Accra FX300H
    Cobra One Length Utility 3i with
    Steelfiber i110cw
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5i & 6i with Steelfiber i110cw
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 7-PW with Steelfiber i110cw
    Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw
    Cleveland RTX 54* & 58 Mid with Steelfiber i110cw
    Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

    Comment


    • #17
      The pool noodles at Otter were about 5" tall...they allowed the ball to fall in and when the ball was "in the hole" the top of the ball was about flush with the green surface

      Comment


      • #18
        Played Brookfield CC out in Cambridge, they had upside down cups, it worked well, my friend and I were quite generous with gimmies to avoid even touching the cup if they got it in.
        In The Bag

        Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S - 9 Draw
        Cobra King F7 - Tensei Blue 65 - S Flex - 15.5D
        Ping G410 - Alta CB 70R - 19
        Srixon Z585/785 - AMT Tour White S300
        MD3 51 - Glide Stealth 2.0 56 - Glide 60
        Edel E3 - Miura KM-006LH - Toulon SanDiego - & more
        TP5-X
        Ping Pioneer

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MattM97 View Post
          Played Brookfield CC out in Cambridge, they had upside down cups, it worked well, my friend and I were quite generous with gimmies to avoid even touching the cup if they got it in.
          Our club had the cups upside down as well, worked for me.

          Comment


          • #20
            Pine Knot has pool noodles and it worked very well. There was even a hole in 1 out there on Saturday. One of the female members her 2nd hole in one on that hole in the last few years
            Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
            Taylormade R11 15 Deg
            Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
            Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
            Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
            Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
            Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
            Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
            Ping Scottsdale Putter
            Sun Mountain Bag
            Home Course: Pine Knot London

            Comment


            • #21
              I played two rounds with raised cups and just finished first round with levers. Levers are way better. I figure raised cups are 2 strokes easier per round - almost no 3 putts

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post
                I played two rounds with raised cups and just finished first round with levers. Levers are way better. I figure raised cups are 2 strokes easier per round - almost no 3 putts
                suggestion: with raised cups a ball is considered holed if it contacts the cup and then comes to rest completely within the length of the putter
                head it was struck by

                using a noodle or similar idea...on windy days where the flag is leaning toward you and reducing the area of the hole for the ball to
                enter ...if the flag is struck and the ball finishes within the length of the putterhead it was struck by it shall be considered holed

                obviously in both cases a ball not fully within the length of the putter head shall require an additional stroke(s)

                Comment


                • #23
                  If it's not holed according to the Rules of golf, it cannot be "deemed" to be holed. Governments do not make the Rules of golf.
                  Scores for handicapping purposes can be different than real scores. (I know that I'm a harda$$ wrt Rules, but that's just my way.)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Brampton Golf Club has the lever device and it works great.
                    Very positive feedback from the membership.
                    Check out the video. Hope this link works as the actual video was too large to attach.

                    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...32e54bfc1e6a41

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by rulie View Post
                      If it's not holed according to the Rules of golf, it cannot be "deemed" to be holed. Governments do not make the Rules of golf.
                      Scores for handicapping purposes can be different than real scores. (I know that I'm a harda$$ wrt Rules, but that's just my way.)
                      So....what about the wire that runs along the side of the flag stick, as in the E-Z Lyft ball retriever, that is used to lift the false bottom of the cup? Surely that could potentially impact the ball in some way, and could either help or hinder on occasion.

                      How can that be accommodated by the rules and allow for scores to be handicapped where those are used?

                      https://golf.com/news/golf-invention...al-distancing/

                      Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

                        So....what about the wire that runs along the side of the flag stick, as in the E-Z Lyft ball retriever, that is used to lift the false bottom of the cup? Surely that could potentially impact the ball in some way, and could either help or hinder on occasion.

                        How can that be accommodated by the rules and allow for scores to be handicapped where those are used?

                        https://golf.com/news/golf-invention...al-distancing/
                        https://golfcanada.ca/article/rules-...-19-guidelines

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I was playing at the hidden lake today. They had pool noodles. Earlier in the round, one of the playing partners had a putt that bounced out of the hole by the pool noodle. We said for sure take that as in since it would have gone in under normal circumstances. Later in the round, I had a chip that bounced into the hole, and then came out after hitting the pool noodle. The playing partners agreed I should count that in as well. I thanked them and moved on to the next hole.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by mrcltuch31 View Post
                            I was playing at the hidden lake today. They had pool noodles. Earlier in the round, one of the playing partners had a putt that bounced out of the hole by the pool noodle. We said for sure take that as in since it would have gone in under normal circumstances. Later in the round, I had a chip that bounced into the hole, and then came out after hitting the pool noodle. The playing partners agreed I should count that in as well. I thanked them and moved on to the next hole.
                            If it didn't stay in the hole, how is it holed? Is "close enough" really holed?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by rulie View Post

                              If it didn't stay in the hole, how is it holed? Is "close enough" really holed?
                              read the OP?

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Join The TGN Email List


                              Collapse

                              Recently Joined


                              Topics: 177,233   Posts: 1,863,860   Members: 47,798   Active Members: 335
                              Welcome to our newest member, EricT.
                              Collapse

                              Today's Birthdays


                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard


                              Working...
                              X