Collapse

Hole out with new Covid rules

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole out with new Covid rules

With a lot of rules changing, especially those surrounding holing out... how is everyone doing to be scoring under the new circumstances? assuming most cups will be raised, does the ball just have to hit the cup? or hit it with a reasonable pass?

I know a couple guys who might lower their score by 5-6 shots with the cup raised! That ball might catch the side of the cup, going 10 feet passed and... HOLED!

I was thinking about this. Perhaps whatever gimme rule you use is still in play. E.g., inside the leather. If the ball bounced off the hole and travelled beyond that length it probably wouldn't have gone in anyway. Just a thought.

Comment

See below for guidance from Golf Canada:

Comment

I have asked 4 courses directly about this.
        0/4 raised cups
        2/4 pool noodles
        1/4 upside down cup
        1/4 looking into lever assist mechanism.
        Not looking forward to raised cups.
        I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

It’s going to be a judgment call for me depending on if it just nicks it or hits too hard. Just use common sense and have fun.

Truthfully, I don’t care too much. The fact we’re able to get out and play — we’ve not lost the year — makes me just happy to be able to be on the course.

Comment

My son mentioned something last night when talking about raised cups, and saying the ball had to remain within certain distance of the cup after nicking it to "count".

Clublink has a hole insert, so thankfully not dealing with it at home!
            What's In The Bag?
            Titleist 909 D3 Diamana Red X Stiff
            Titleist 910 F2
            Mizuno MP63 4-PW S300
            Vokey 50*
            Vokey 56*
            Vokey 62*
            Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5
            Pro-V1

Comment

Didn't the government mandate raised cups?
              "For your customers:
              oTo eliminate transmission via surfaces such as flag poles and cups, leave the flag in place and elevate the cup at each hole so that the ball does not drop into the hole. Play is concluded when the ball makes contact with the cup."
              Last edited by rulie; May 15, 2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

It’s kinda like the posted speed limit - it’s there for a reason but u know......

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post
                  Didn't the government mandate raised cups?
                  "For your customers:
                  oTo eliminate transmission via surfaces such as flag poles and cups, leave the flag in place and elevate the cup at each hole so that the ball does not drop into the hole. Play is concluded when the ball makes contact with the cup."
                  It's not mandatory.

Comment

I think it was just a guideline. My course has pool noodle in it.
                    Titleist Tsi2 9* - PXG 0341XF 16* - PXG 0317XF 19/22* - P770/P7MC 5-PW - Zipcore 50/54/58 - LAB Link

Comment

The City of Hamilton will use pool noodles.
                      In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                      Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                      TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                      TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                      PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                      TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                      Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                      TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by CRobertson View Post
                        I think it was just a guideline. My course has pool noodle in it.
                        Same at our course,I liked it .

Comment

Pool noodles at Otter Creek....played this morning. Absolutely no issues with it. Only risk would be hole outs from the fairway and even a bouncing chip is obviously going to bounce out. From a putting perspective it worked brilliantly under the circumstances.

Comment

Question for those who had a noodle today as the course I played also did . What I found strange was the noodle went the entire way up the flag pole to just under the flag part . Was this the same for everyone? The way I had invisoned it was a cut piece sitting in the entire cup that would prevent the ball from dropping down, or just sticking partially above the hole.. Not the entire pin from top to bottom. There was some iffiniess surrounding this

Comment

Originally posted by jaybee View Post
                              Question for those who had a noodle today as the course I played also did . What I found strange was the noodle went the entire way up the flag pole to just under the flag part . Was this the same for everyone? The way I had invisoned it was a cut piece sitting in the entire cup that would prevent the ball from dropping down, or just sticking partially above the hole.. Not the entire pin from top to bottom. There was some iffiniess surrounding this
                              That's pretty wierd, haven't heard of that one yet. Maybe someone didn't understand the objective, or got a great deal on pool noodles. Also heard of one course that didn't put out tee markers as a precaution - ???

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X