No announcement yet.
Collapse

Hole out with new Covid rules

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oaks of St. George had upside down cups this morning. Worked really well IMO, no added cost to the course, and no question if a putt is holed or not.
    🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
    Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
    Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

The pool noodles at Otter were about 5" tall...they allowed the ball to fall in and when the ball was "in the hole" the top of the ball was about flush with the green surface

Comment

Played Brookfield CC out in Cambridge, they had upside down cups, it worked well, my friend and I were quite generous with gimmies to avoid even touching the cup if they got it in.
        Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
        3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
        3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
        Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
        Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
        Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
        TP5X 2024
        Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MattM97 View Post
          Played Brookfield CC out in Cambridge, they had upside down cups, it worked well, my friend and I were quite generous with gimmies to avoid even touching the cup if they got it in.
          Our club had the cups upside down as well, worked for me.

Comment

Pine Knot has pool noodles and it worked very well. There was even a hole in 1 out there on Saturday. One of the female members her 2nd hole in one on that hole in the last few years

Comment

I played two rounds with raised cups and just finished first round with levers. Levers are way better. I figure raised cups are 2 strokes easier per round - almost no 3 putts

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post
                I played two rounds with raised cups and just finished first round with levers. Levers are way better. I figure raised cups are 2 strokes easier per round - almost no 3 putts
                suggestion: with raised cups a ball is considered holed if it contacts the cup and then comes to rest completely within the length of the putter
                head it was struck by

using a noodle or similar idea...on windy days where the flag is leaning toward you and reducing the area of the hole for the ball to
                enter ...if the flag is struck and the ball finishes within the length of the putterhead it was struck by it shall be considered holed

obviously in both cases a ball not fully within the length of the putter head shall require an additional stroke(s)

Comment

If it's not holed according to the Rules of golf, it cannot be "deemed" to be holed. Governments do not make the Rules of golf.
                  Scores for handicapping purposes can be different than real scores. (I know that I'm a harda$$ wrt Rules, but that's just my way.)

Comment

Brampton Golf Club has the lever device and it works great.
                    Very positive feedback from the membership.
                    Check out the video. Hope this link works as the actual video was too large to attach.

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post
                      If it's not holed according to the Rules of golf, it cannot be "deemed" to be holed. Governments do not make the Rules of golf.
                      Scores for handicapping purposes can be different than real scores. (I know that I'm a harda$$ wrt Rules, but that's just my way.)
                      So....what about the wire that runs along the side of the flag stick, as in the E-Z Lyft ball retriever, that is used to lift the false bottom of the cup? Surely that could potentially impact the ball in some way, and could either help or hinder on occasion.

How can that be accommodated by the rules and allow for scores to be handicapped where those are used?

Golf courses need to be creative when tasked with social distancing guidelines. One Atlanta-area course seems to have figured it out.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

So....what about the wire that runs along the side of the flag stick, as in the E-Z Lyft ball retriever, that is used to lift the false bottom of the cup? Surely that could potentially impact the ball in some way, and could either help or hinder on occasion.

How can that be accommodated by the rules and allow for scores to be handicapped where those are used?

https://golf.com/news/golf-invention...al-distancing/

Comment

I was playing at the hidden lake today. They had pool noodles. Earlier in the round, one of the playing partners had a putt that bounced out of the hole by the pool noodle. We said for sure take that as in since it would have gone in under normal circumstances. Later in the round, I had a chip that bounced into the hole, and then came out after hitting the pool noodle. The playing partners agreed I should count that in as well. I thanked them and moved on to the next hole.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcltuch31 View Post
                            I was playing at the hidden lake today. They had pool noodles. Earlier in the round, one of the playing partners had a putt that bounced out of the hole by the pool noodle. We said for sure take that as in since it would have gone in under normal circumstances. Later in the round, I had a chip that bounced into the hole, and then came out after hitting the pool noodle. The playing partners agreed I should count that in as well. I thanked them and moved on to the next hole.
                            If it didn't stay in the hole, how is it holed? Is "close enough" really holed?

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post

If it didn't stay in the hole, how is it holed? Is "close enough" really holed?
                              read the OP?

Comment

I've been playing at Scarlett Woods where the local rule is "If the ball hits the noodle, it's in". It may not be great golf, and I wouldn't count the rounds for handicap, but boy, does it speed up play on the munis!

Last year, I could count on a 4.5 hour round here most of the time (it's a par-64!). This year, I've played three times, and never in more than 3.5 hours (foursome). So much time saved in marking and remarking putts. I like noodle golf!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X