Collapse

Qualified round of golf according to rules of golf

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualified round of golf according to rules of golf

What constitutes qualified round of golf for entering on golf Canada website for handicapping purposes?
    can you play holes in random order? For example l
    play holes 1 2 3 then 15 16 17 18 then 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    is the round valid/qualified if you played 24 holes but in random order?
    if yes, which score you count?

Originally posted by Desi2007 View Post
    What constitutes qualified round of golf for entering on golf Canada website for handicapping purposes?
    can you play holes in random order? For example l
    play holes 1 2 3 then 15 16 17 18 then 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    is the round valid/qualified if you played 24 holes but in random order?
    if yes, which score you count?
    The formal Rules of Golf are available online from a couple of sources, most notably the USGA.

The rules are usually indexed fairly well, which allows searching for a variety of keywords and topics.

My suggestion would be to find one of these sources and start by searching for "stipulated round".

Comment

Min 7 holes played for a 9 hole score. Min 14 holes to post an 18 hole score.

Not sure there's a 24 hole course anywhere so I doubt that one works.

Check out this site

https://golfcanada.ca/handicapping/#...f-handicapping

Comment

Definitions

Round
        A “round ” is 18 or fewer holes played in the order set by the Committee

Committee
        The person or group in charge of the competition or the course.

Unless the committee has specified that you must play the course in some other order then the handicap system requires you to play them in numerical sequence.
        Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
        - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by aaagc View Post
            [I]
            Unless the committee has specified that you must play the course in some other order then the handicap system requires you to play them in numerical sequence.
            More accurately perhaps I should have said :
            The Rules of Golf require that you play them in numerical sequence and the handicap system requires you to play by the Rules of Golf.
            Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
            - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by aaagc View Post

More accurately perhaps I should have said :
              The Rules of Golf require that you play them in numerical sequence and the handicap system requires you to play by the Rules of Golf.
              From the rules of handicapping manual (USGA version):
              Rule 2.1 Interpretations:
              2.1/1 – Score is Acceptable for Handicap Purposes Even If Holes Have Not Been Played in the Order Set by the Committee

Rule 5.1 of the Rules of Golf requires holes in a round to be played in the order set by either the Committee in charge of the competition or the Committee in charge of the golf course. However, a score is acceptable for handicap purposes even if the holes in a round have not been played in the order set by the Committee.

Comment

Followup question: Has "stipulated round" been dropped? On Benz 's advice I tried to find it in the current rules and couldn't. Did I miss it?
                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                  Followup question: Has "stipulated round" been dropped? On Benz 's advice I tried to find it in the current rules and couldn't. Did I miss it?
                  "Stipulated round" is no longer in the Rules, being replaced by "round", defined as "18 or fewer holes played in the order set by the Committee."

Comment

It's disquieting to know that I've recently been playing unstipulated rounds.

If I had known, I would have been more careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

It's disquieting to know that I've recently been playing unstipulated rounds.

If I had known, I would have been more careful.
                      It's a casualty of making the new version of the rules easier. Millions of golfers who used to know what they were doing suddenly don't.

It seems an unnecessary change because of that, but in 10 years everyone will wonder why we ever even used that word. The "s-word" as it shall come to be known....
                      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                      ...Iggy

Comment

It's a casualty of making the new version of the rules easier. Millions of golfers who used to know what they were doing suddenly don't.

It seems an unnecessary change because of that, but in 10 years everyone will wonder why we ever even used that word. The "s-word" as it shall come to be known....
                        There were lots of word/wording updates and changes, nearly all based on simplification and easier understanding, particularly to those for whom English isn't their first language. Examples of other changes - no more "casual water", no more "teeing ground", no more "abnormal ground condition", no more "water hazards" (or hazards at all), no more "rub of the green" or "through the green".

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X