Collapse

Red stake with yellow on top

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red stake with yellow on top

Can someone explain what this dual coloured stake means?

Noticed it at Royal Ontario #10, along the pond, but didn’t really see if there were other stakes like this on other holes. Pretty sure the rest had red-only stakes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_133965.jpg Views:	4 Size:	188.0 KB ID:	3241758
    Click image for larger version

Name:	687859FF-1C8D-421D-9A94-102620302049.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	3241761
    – Greg

Fire hydrant marker....

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Could it be the point where the penalty area changes from yellow to red? So, to one side of that stake, the penalty area is marked yellow. To the other side, it's marked red.

Sometimes you see a yellow stake and a separate red stake driven in the ground right beside each other to convey the same thing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RedYellow.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	3241775
      Last edited by ChasingPar; Sep 26, 2020, 08:38 PM. Reason: Added the photo

Comment

Nothing in the Rules of golf cover a stake painted both red and yellow as described - you need to check with the club to understand what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
          Can someone explain what this dual coloured stake means?

Noticed it at Royal Ontario #10, along the pond, but didn’t really see if there were other stakes like this on other holes. Pretty sure the rest had red-only stakes.
          Was there a red line nearby? It may simply be indicating the presence of a penalty area but not defining the margin.
          Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
          - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingPar View Post
            Could it be the point where the penalty area changes from yellow to red? So, to one side of that stake, the penalty area is marked yellow. To the other side, it's marked red.

Sometimes you see a yellow stake and a separate red stake driven in the ground right beside each other to convey the same thing.

Click image for larger version Name:	RedYellow.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	3241775
            Yeah, I saw that video too. It’s gotta mean just as you describe. If we look at the shape of the pond and where the stake is (see satellite pic above), this is prob the last point where a yellow stake would be placed. You would then drop BEHIND the water hazard at this spot since the water then becomes parallel to the fairway from that point.

I think there are red stakes only along the water all the way to the green (I’ll have to check next time I’m there).

All these years, I’m still learning something new in this game.
            – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post

Yeah, I saw that video too. It’s gotta mean just as you describe. If we look at the shape of the pond and where the stake is (see satellite pic above), this is prob the last point where a yellow stake would be placed. You would then drop BEHIND the water hazard at this spot since the water then becomes parallel to the fairway from that point.

I think there are red stakes only along the water all the way to the green (I’ll have to check next time I’m there).

All these years, I’m still learning something new in this game.
              Maybe next year with the increase in Membership fees, Kaneff will be able to afford two stakes there - one red, one yellow...

Comment

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

Maybe next year with the increase in Membership fees, Kaneff will be able to afford two stakes there - one red, one yellow...
                – Greg

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X