Collapse

Lack of Etiquette

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
    Are you a starter at Bear Mtn or Olympic View?

This guy is a DBAG....he's a regular and knows better that jeans aren't permitted on property and then lights up and threatens a staff member in the pro shop.....especially a female.....f8ckin GOOF.
    IMO...the GM. HP or asst HP should ban this TOOL.

Obviously, it happens, but so far, I've yet to encounter any Covid TOOLS when out shopping or golfing.
    I'm a starter at Bear Mountain and a member at Olympic View.

Comment

• Originally posted by sikoram View Post

I'm a starter at Bear Mountain and a member at Olympic View.
      Played BM (Mtn) in 2007 at twilight with the wife. Really need to pick a specific target off the tee. Unknowingly hit into the creek/gouge on #3???
      I don't like to cart...but enjoyed the course.

Have played OV a few times....I really like the back 9, but find the front 9 boring.

I'd like to play Pacific Highlands....and Royal Colwood & Victoria G&CC (if I could get access).

Storey Creek is my fav BC course so far.

Comment

• i dont find the dress code an issue so much. Clothing has changed a lot - I would rock a hoodie but still frowned on
        Winner winner, chicken dinner
        TM P790s 4-9
        Vokey SM8 50, 54, 60
        Scotty Cameron Newport

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeFore View Post
          i dont find the dress code an issue so much. Clothing has changed a lot - I would rock a hoodie but still frowned on
          It's still the club's call as to what is permitted and what is not; just have to respect their decisions. For example, some clubs require jacket and tie in the formal areas of their clubhouse, and I'm fine with that and also with what they define as "formal areas".

Comment

• Originally posted by emvee View Post

I disagree. People have been crazy and stupid for a while. Covid just helped reveal it.
            A comment worthy of your picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeFore View Post
              i dont find the dress code an issue so much. Clothing has changed a lot - I would rock a hoodie but still frowned on
              The majority of clubs courses, especially those with daily fee structures don't care and if they do, they rarely enforce.
              I see, bare feet, flip flops, ripped up pull over shell, cargo shorts, jeans, hoodies, T-shirts, soccer shoes ( that I had to say something about) pretty much anything goes. I am surprised at how many people like to go barefoot....with all those chemicals , sheesh.

private clubs are a bit more "traditional"
              over the years i have been told i must have my shirt tucked in, that my golf shirt was too colourful ( that was at my own club and all I did was buy more and wilder shirts) , not me but playing partners have been told shorts were too short and others their shorts were inappropriate, shirt has to have a collar, cant wear white sports socks.
              I have no issues with any of these and always wear my shirt tucked now anyways which is proper.
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• I'm not too fussy about things like dress code - how someone else dresses has zero impact on my game. I don't see much correlation between dress and etiquette.

A reminder from the starter about divots and ball marks isn't going to sink in with most people. Golfers are fired up to get moving and are already thinking about their first shot. Unless you have a really engaging starter, people barely listen. They need visual reminders and cues over and over for it to register.

More carts than ever are equipped with GPS displays. I'd do a popup on-screen reminder to fix/replace whenever the cart nears the green, when it leaves the tee area, or as a screen saver when untouched for X minutes. You could even run an animation on the proper way to fix a ball mark, and ensure every golfer is given a cheap plastic one before they tee off. This could also be reinforced with signage. Small signs where you exit the tee grounds reminding people about replacing divots. Similar signs about repairing ball marks would be helpful near the greens, but don't put them at the front where you're approaching, because most people walking to the green are focussed on looking at their ball. Place them where most exit the green as a reminder going forward - "Did you remember to fix your ball mark? We're watching you." Keep them light, even try to be funny so it doesn't read like you're being yelled at.

Edit - I'm also in the signage business, so basically a shameless plug for work - PM me!!!
                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                Srixon Star XV
                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
                  I'm not too fussy about things like dress code - how someone else dresses has zero impact on my game. I don't see much correlation between dress and etiquette.

Edit - I'm also in the signage business, so basically a shameless plug for work - PM me!!!
                  Nor should it ! In fact not much if anything others do bother me on the course (unless I am working) except maybe if they are causing significant physical damage like driving cart on a green.

have run into a few people who were apparel and etiquette freaks....
                  give me this guy
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	4394E5C3-17A4-41EE-AF6A-DC0291822753.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	3326898

over this guy, every day, all day

Name:	79B9325E-6BFB-4E65-A18E-70E8FE55C443.jpeg
Views:	543
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	3326899

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Nor should it ! In fact not much if anything others do bother me on the course (unless I am working) except maybe if they are causing significant physical damage like driving cart on a green.

have run into a few people who were apparel and etiquette freaks....
                    give me this guy

Name:	4394E5C3-17A4-41EE-AF6A-DC0291822753.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	3326898

over this guy, every day, all day

Name:	79B9325E-6BFB-4E65-A18E-70E8FE55C443.jpeg
Views:	543
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	3326899
                    I don't mind colourful but colour co-ordination works for me. Just sayin.

Comment

• Was not involved on any level with a situation this morning, but I did hear about it as the morning went on.

Our foursome was the first time of the day. While we were on the range warming up, we said hello to a married couple who are also members, and found that they were in the group immediately after ours. I have played with this couple before, and they are very pleasant company, and despite the weather today they both walk and carry. Never thought anything more about it until our group was playing our approach shots on the second hole when we noticed two men pull up to the tee with no one else. When we were on the third green putting out, we saw the two guys in their cart in the fairway and also saw the two walkers just approaching the tee, so it was obvious that the two pairs were not playing as a group.

From what we could observe, one of the two guys playing behind us seemed to be somewhat agitated, but we didn't know why. We were not holding them up, but something seemed amiss. So, we were surprised when one of the course staff (not a marshal) approached us on the fourth green and advised us to not feel rushed by the twosome behind us because they were the ones 'out of position'.

We heard later that the two guys had booked their tee time as a twosome and expected to play that way. When informed that they would be playing with two other people, they objected in some undiplomatic terms. Then, they basically ditched the walkers by driving on ahead in their cart. I can only assume that these two guys figured that as a twosome they should be let through if they caught up to the first group. Never happened.

For some reason, they disappeared somewhere around the 12th hole. Not sure why, but I have my suspicions.

Who ever heard of booking a twosome on a busy Saturday morning in August and also expecting to play alone?
                      Sorry, but that's just stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

Who ever heard of booking a twosome on a busy Saturday morning in August and also expecting to play alone?
                        Similar thing happened with a buddy and I last summer. Starter told us we were paired with a couple that were on the putting green. We step up to teebox, the couple then said something to the starter and drove off toward the clubhouse. Starter was shaking his head when he told us that they didn't want to play with anyone else and were on their way to get a refund. Lol.

Comment

Was not involved on any level with a situation this morning, but I did hear about it as the morning went on.

Our foursome was the first time of the day. While we were on the range warming up, we said hello to a married couple who are also members, and found that they were in the group immediately after ours. I have played with this couple before, and they are very pleasant company, and despite the weather today they both walk and carry. Never thought anything more about it until our group was playing our approach shots on the second hole when we noticed two men pull up to the tee with no one else. When we were on the third green putting out, we saw the two guys in their cart in the fairway and also saw the two walkers just approaching the tee, so it was obvious that the two pairs were not playing as a group.

From what we could observe, one of the two guys playing behind us seemed to be somewhat agitated, but we didn't know why. We were not holding them up, but something seemed amiss. So, we were surprised when one of the course staff (not a marshal) approached us on the fourth green and advised us to not feel rushed by the twosome behind us because they were the ones 'out of position'.

We heard later that the two guys had booked their tee time as a twosome and expected to play that way. When informed that they would be playing with two other people, they objected in some undiplomatic terms. Then, they basically ditched the walkers by driving on ahead in their cart. I can only assume that these two guys figured that as a twosome they should be let through if they caught up to the first group. Never happened.

For some reason, they disappeared somewhere around the 12th hole. Not sure why, but I have my suspicions.

That is a confusing post. Why did the course employee need to inform you not to feel rushed by a group you weren’t holding up?

Comment

• Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

That is a confusing post. Why did the course employee need to inform you not to feel rushed by a group you weren’t holding up?
                            It was early in the round. So, one slow hole on our part and they would have been right on top of us.

Comment

Was not involved on any level with a situation this morning, but I did hear about it as the morning went on.

The staff just failed his job and let the arrogant 2some did it their way. And good for u guys NOT to let them play thru no matter what.

Comment

This is beyond the "Lack of Etiquette" title of this thread.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X