Collapse

ANGC 15th Green and the Pond at 16

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANGC 15th Green and the Pond at 16

So does anyone know how the situation works with the pond on #16 at ANGC when playing #15. Yesterday, a player(can't remember who, JT maybe), went for 15 green in 2, with a hooking ball flight. It overflew the green and bounded into the pond on 16. Now it looks like the penalty area lines for the pond are yellow, but that may be for when a player is on 16.
    Is there a Competition Condition for the Masters that has that pond treated as red when playing 15?
    Or is there another condition that allows drops on the green side of that pond when you go into it from 15?
    Whether it is red or green, I do not see how you can drop on the green side of that pond without the drop being closer to the hole. Why do they not have to go to the far side of the pond(where the fans usually sit for 16) and play from there?

If you watch where the ball enters the pond and where Justin takes his drop, the drop is considerably left of where the ball entered the hazard and at a point further from the hole as the pond starts to run away from the green. All the drops for balls entering the water over 15 are done in same fashion.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Good question. Eagerly awaiting a response from someone with more knowhow. .
      I do believe it was JT who flew it over and into the water missed how he proceeded with his drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
        Good question. Eagerly awaiting a response from someone with more knowhow. .
        I do believe it was JT who flew it over and into the water missed how he proceeded with his drop.
        Was JT, there was a rules official to supervise the drop. As stated above he took the drop at a point no closer to the hole , left ( If facing the water on 16) of where his ball entered the hazard.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

The Local Rules for The Masters say that the pond on no. 16, while marked yellow for no. 16, is played as a red penalty area during play of hole no. 15, hence the lateral relief area drops (which cannot be closer to the hole).

Comment

Im narrowly missed putting his ball in the water after flying the 15th green.

I was puzzled about the yardages displayed for his second shot on 15. They had his drive listed at 272 (presumably with his driver), leaving him 252 to the hole. However, his 3-wood must have gone at least 275, ending up just short of the water.

Comment

I found it interesting to see the course with out bleachers and spectators, also the extra camera angles this provided was nice.
              Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
              Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
              Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
              Ping G400 4H - 22*
              Ping G400 5 - UW
              Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
              Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
              Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
              Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                I found it interesting to see the course with out bleachers and spectators, also the extra camera angles this provided was nice.
                If you go the The Masters Youtube channel, they have a playlist of every final round broadcast since 1969 -- lots of great camera angles and lots of looks at how the course itself has changed over the years -- the 16th pond used to come into play a lot it seems during the mid 70s.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesduncangolf View Post

If you go the The Masters Youtube channel, they have a playlist of every final round broadcast since 1969 -- lots of great camera angles and lots of looks at how the course itself has changed over the years -- the 16th pond used to come into play a lot it seems during the mid 70s.

Hope that helps.
                  Thanks, I will find the time to go down that rabbit hole.
                  Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                  Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                  Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                  Ping G400 4H - 22*
                  Ping G400 5 - UW
                  Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                  Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                  Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                  Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X