No announcement yet.
Collapse

Rule Proposal - 8 club limit

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do believe the OP's proposition has merit, especially in these challenging days when cutbacks of every kind are fast becoming de rigueur.
    He never says for the Average Joe to abide by it ,but as we well know there will be emulators galore should Pros play well with a scaled back set.

The OEM would understandably not be too pleased ,but few tears will be shed for them when "new /improved" 4-Pw sets are overpriced.

As it stands now and possibly for next season the Pros are playing to an empty course, with the hosting course losing an arm. A new format might prove very entertaining.

Resistance to change is futile. LOL
    Last edited by bl8d; Feb 7, 2021, 08:14 AM.
    things change

Comment

For the record, I was thinking about pros with this proposal. But for every golfer here, regardless of your skill level, I suggest you try playing with a half set! It won’t affect your score that much and you will be forced to learn some new skills

Comment

My older brother picked up the game last summer.

When we walk 9 holes at Oakville Exec I carry 7-8 clubs and focus on irons. I score nearly exactly the same with improved focus on course management. I love it.
        Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
        Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
        Nike 23 degree hybrid
        Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
        Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
        Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Our Seniors section holds a number of limited club comps during the year (4 + putter or 5 + putter). The scores seem to vary little from 14 club scores. I think this has been found frequently elsewhere.
          Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
          - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

I'll try 8 this year for the shot making reasons mentioned above. We do a 3 plus putter every year and I don't find it enjoyable.

I wouldn't mind caddies staying out of the putting analysis. At least to speed up play.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X