Collapse

Bryson... hmm seems the jury is still out

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
    After he topped the ball his 2nd shot was his 4 irons, bad shot might had been a result of the head cracking. Sometime we see this on a driver but a 4 iron . . . I guess metal fatigue. The club was out of play for the rest of the round . . . might have cost him . . .
    Thanks didn't know that.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I'm tired of announcers talking ad nauseum..... And the fact he is so slow, makes it very difficult to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by TeetoGrnr View Post

DeChambeau’s Cobra King Utility prototype is a hollow construction (as are most utility irons) designed to provide face flex similar to a driver. As such, there are times when metal fatigue will set in and fail. It is not unusual for PGA Tour players to have drivers crack and when you swing as fast as Bryson, utility irons apparently aren’t spared, either.
        => I thought there was a new rule that allows you to replace a broken club? Guessing he didn't have a spare 4 iron in the locker. Maybe he'll have replacement club everything in the future.

I like what Bryson brings to the game....he's challenging ppl in many ways and showing many that maybe what was (variable length) should change to (one length). Pros who have played variable length for a long long time are unlikely to adopt one length but never say never as can be evidenced by long putters, large head drivers etc. My guess is Bryson will not be the only player in the future to go with One Length irons as the technology improves and newer players perhaps start with One Length.

At the beginning all of the announcers kept harping on his wedges being too long to work and while I was listening to the more recent broadcast they're aren't mentioning it much anymore and his short game is improving as he spends more time on that vs spending time on his driver. One thing that ppl may not be aware of is longer wedges means more club head speed which translates into high trajectory and even more spin if needed which is not a bad thing on faster/firmer greens.
        Although I don't play one length, being a single plane swinger I explored options after seeing Bryson's success and have gone in a compressed length iron set which is awesome. He's making the golf world think differently about things.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
          I'm tired of announcers talking ad nauseum..... And the fact he is so slow, makes it very difficult to watch.
          He is no slower than Jack Nicklaus in his prime.
          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

He is no slower than Jack Nicklaus in his prime.
            Yes, Jack was pokey

from 2017 article, the 5 slowest players .....see #4 , BDC , Jack, Tiger have more in common than their winning US Ams and US Opens.

1. Bernhard Langer
            2. Jim Furyk
            3. Keegan Bradley
            4. Tiger
            5. Ben Crane

https://www.golfpunkhq.com/top-10s/a...orst-offenders
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

DeChambeau's current nickname is 'The Show?'

Even that is boring and lacks imagination.

I do like watching him hit driver and pound it a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67

... BDC has been the most interesting man in golf for the last year ...

We had Figjam for Phil.

Now we have for Bryson:

The.m.i.m.i.g.

(for some, anyways)

_______
                NQRfPT

Comment

Originally posted by TeetoGrnr View Post

I thought there was a new rule that allows you to replace a broken club? Guessing he didn't have a spare 4 iron in the locker. Maybe he'll have replacement club everything in the future
                  For your information:

Rule 4.1a(2) prohibits the replacement of a damaged club if the damage was caused by the player.
                  Rule 4.1a(3) permits replacement if the damage was caused by someone or something else.
                  Model Local Rule G-9 may be in place. It modifies Rule 4.1a(2) by allowing the replacement of a broken or significantly damaged club but a crack is not considered significant damage.

You can continue playing with a club damaged during a round no matter who or what caused the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinL View Post

For your information:

Rule 4.1a(2) prohibits the replacement of a damaged club if the damage was caused by the player.
                    Rule 4.1a(3) permits replacement if the damage was caused by someone or something else.
                    Model Local Rule G-9 may be in place. It modifies Rule 4.1a(2) by allowing the replacement of a broken or significantly damaged club but a crack is not considered significant damage.

You can continue playing with a club damaged during a round no matter who or what caused the damage.
                    He actually used the rule very recently

To me it seems unusual it was a local rule for the PGA Championship but not for other tourneys. He didn't abuse the club so he should be able to replace it.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X