Collapse

How to deal with duffers?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benz View Post

I would suggest that is a distinction without a difference...
    I'm with you 100%, does he measure their BMI to determine?
    WITB
    9.5 Nike Covert
    15 TM Rocketballz
    3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
    52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
    TM White Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by hoganapexplus View Post

I'm with you 100%, does he measure their BMI to determine?
      yes I knows it’s ridic. I’ve known him since uni days and he’s always been like this sadly. Just never seen it on the golf course before. He was asking us if we had twinkies and chocolate bars to throw at the guys ahead of us. I had some food but Iied and said I didn’t. Later when he saw me take a bite of a protein bar during the round he asked why I had not given it to him earlier. Then he saw it was a “Mars Protein Bar” and not a regular Mars. He got angry but then calmed down a bit but also postulated that those guys wouldn’t have known the difference given the “only protein they consume is in gelatin”. He took it and wanted to wait and throw it at them when they caught up to us but they were too far behind so he gave up on this too and gave me back my bar.

Comment

The stories keep getting unreal...

Comment

Originally posted by mrcltuch31 View Post
          The stories keep getting unreal...
          The original one was hard to believe, but we've moved waaaayyyy past that now....
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by newgolfer99 View Post

yes I knows it’s ridic. I’ve known him since uni days and he’s always been like this sadly. Just never seen it on the golf course before. He was asking us if we had twinkies and chocolate bars to throw at the guys ahead of us. I had some food but Iied and said I didn’t. Later when he saw me take a bite of a protein bar during the round he asked why I had not given it to him earlier. Then he saw it was a “Mars Protein Bar” and not a regular Mars. He got angry but then calmed down a bit but also postulated that those guys wouldn’t have known the difference given the “only protein they consume is in gelatin”. He took it and wanted to wait and throw it at them when they caught up to us but they were too far behind so he gave up on this too and gave me back my bar.
            Please, tells us more about this friend of yours. Story just keeps gettting better!

Comment

Originally posted by newgolfer99 View Post

So, in retrospect, this thread is not about dealing with 'duffers' but instead is about dealing with idiot acquaintances.

The duffers were not the problem.

"What we accept, we condone."

Comment

Come on guys.....don't be so gullible.
                The OP is just joking around and making stuff up with the latest Mars Bar/protein bar nonsense and throwing this bar at the obese guy,

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                  Come on guys.....don't be so gullible.
                  The OP is just joking around and making stuff up with the latest Mars Bar/protein bar nonsense and throwing this bar at the obese guy,
                  He had us going for 7 pages.

But if any of this is true (which seems highly unlikely), my advice would be that when in a hole, stop digging.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

So, in retrospect, this thread is not about dealing with 'duffers' but instead is about dealing with idiot acquaintances.

The duffers were not the problem.

"What we accept, we condone."
                    I agree - ditch the guy. He's not a friend. Having an idiot like that with your 4some is bad news.

I say this because I know of a person that got injured badly on the course - got hit square in the mouth and needed dental surgery just cuz some idiot golfer couldn't wait to tee off. She turned around after getting surprised with someone hitting a tee shot and sadly it hit her. She and her group were keeping pace with the group in front of them too..

Comment

• The OP may be selling this thread as a story elsewhere lol

Comment

• ouch what a terrible story. Did she lawyer up? That foo is liable I would of sued his ***.

Originally posted by NovaRaven View Post

I agree - ditch the guy. He's not a friend. Having an idiot like that with your 4some is bad news.

I say this because I know of a person that got injured badly on the course - got hit square in the mouth and needed dental surgery just cuz some idiot golfer couldn't wait to tee off. She turned around after getting surprised with someone hitting a tee shot and sadly it hit her. She and her group were keeping pace with the group in front of them too..

Comment

• Originally posted by wongmb View Post
                          The OP may be selling this thread as a story elsewhere lol
                          TMZ...

Comment

• Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
                            ouch what a terrible story. Did she lawyer up? That foo is liable I would of sued his ***.

I don't know. This happened to one of my coworker's friends. She probably lawyered up - I dont know how anyone wont after getting their teeth bashed in by a golf ball

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X