/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Ruling for guy throwing a ball ?

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ruling for guy throwing a ball ?

    Wondering about ruling when someone takes a ball out of the rough and throws it into the fairway? He didn’t count it as a shot and made a “par”. When asked he said it was to speed up pace of play of your ball is unplayable in rough you can love to fairway for free now.

    is this right?

  • #2
    It’s a new rule that came out this year.

    That and a maximum of two putts per green is considered holed are the two new rules.

    C’mon…think hard about what you’re asking.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by newgolfer99 View Post
      Wondering about ruling when someone takes a ball out of the rough and throws it into the fairway? He didn’t count it as a shot and made a “par”. When asked he said it was to speed up pace of play of your ball is unplayable in rough you can love to fairway for free now.

      is this right?
      You're kidding, right?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by newgolfer99 View Post
        Wondering about ruling when someone takes a ball out of the rough and throws it into the fairway? He didn’t count it as a shot and made a “par”. When asked he said it was to speed up pace of play of your ball is unplayable in rough you can love to fairway for free now.

        is this right?
        Not a rule… or even being close to an actual rule.
        The only thing close would be, let’s say if his ball was severely embedded, and he decided to take an unplayable, which is still a penalty stroke.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by luvtapar88 View Post

          Not a rule… or even being close to an actual rule.
          The only thing close would be, let’s say if his ball was severely embedded, and he decided to take an unplayable, which is still a penalty stroke.
          I don’t think it has to be “severely embedded”. You can take an unplayable anytime.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

            I don’t think it has to be “severely embedded”. You can take an unplayable anytime.
            Sure, just meant most golfers wouldn’t take the unplayable if they can get a club on a ball and advance it

            Comment


            • #7
              You can take an unplayable, incur a penalty stroke, and drop the ball under one of the three options - throwing the ball would be an incorrect drop (another Rule breach) and likely result in a wrong place (another Rule breach).

              Comment


              • #8
                Are you a master troll? was it the same friend from the other thread that hates obese people??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
                  Are you a master troll? was it the same friend from the other thread that hates obese people??
                  If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The answer to your question OP, is No. Explanation previously given by another poster.
                    But, I have heard of some foursomes making up rules to suit their level of play and as he states to keep up pace of play.
                    And if all agree in a non competitive round, no harm done, other than fooling them selves with their scores.
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard




                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yeah unless your playing for money or some other bet sure why not; if they want to keep up pace of play I'm all for it!
                      Nike Vapor Speed TW AD-DI6
                      NIke Vapor Fly 15* Diamana Ilima 70
                      Cobra 5-6 F7 HZRDUS Red 75
                      Ping I200 4-W Modus3 105
                      Engage Wedges 125 wedge
                      Odyssey Damascus #1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
                        Are you a master troll? was it the same friend from the other thread that hates obese people??
                        LMAO.....
                        The OP and his golf friends seem like a bunch of POSER's.

                        I hope the OP continues to post here...with the absence of Digital Machine and Diece...we need some humour back on this forum...just sayin.

                        Last edited by Mr22putt; Aug 4, 2022, 12:57 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                          ...we need some humour back on this forum...just sayin.
                          ... and the last laugh would be on him - disqualified for serious misconduct [Rule 1.2a]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Does it take a long time to hack a ball out of the rough? W//out commenting on the rules is pace really an issue here? Just sounds like a poor excuse to get a better lie. And if it allows him to card a 110 instead of 111 so be it if there's nothing on the line.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think that kind of overt cheating involves a pretty harsh penalty.....

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	golf guiotine.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	3575407

                              Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Latest TGN Reviews


                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard


                              Collapse

                              Today's Birthdays


                              Working...
                              X