Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hole in one, oh so close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole in one, oh so close

Par 3 hole #4 at Black Diamond was playing 140.

I hit a very nice 9 iron that climbed into the sky, so high it climbed towards the heavens as I'm sure the gods kisses/blessed the ball. As the ball descended, a the slightest draw had it angled right at the flag. The ball landed about 4 feet in front of the flag before bouncing up to kiss the flag pole and then spun back 2 feet underneath the hole.

Ohhhhh so close to my first hole in one.

The tap in birdie was consolation for a day of poor striking which saw me have no pars at all
    What's in the Bag:
    Infinity Propulsion 460 9* Accra/Axiv XT70 M4
    Tour Edge Exotics 15* Accra HF M4
    Titleist 585.H 19* Accra HF M4
    Titleist 585.H 21* Accra HF M4
    Taylor Made 300 Forged, Lehman Box Toes, E21 5.5
    Tourstage Z101 4-PW Project X 5.5
    Yes! Dianna UST Frequency filtered and counterbalanced.
    Sonartec Proto T35 54/60 wedges

All body parts and piercings performed at Swank Studios

Re: Hole in one, oh so close

Originally posted by wayland

I hit a very nice 9 iron that climbed into the sky, so high it climbed towards the heavens as I'm sure the gods kisses/blessed the ball. As the ball descended, a the slightest draw had it angled right at the flag. The ball landed about 4 feet in front of the flag before bouncing up to kiss the flag pole and then spun back 2 feet underneath the hole.

The tap in birdie was consolation for a day of poor striking which saw me have no pars at all
    I feel for ya Wayland........I have been golfing for 19 years and STILL no hole in one. Came close twice in the same day though. Nine hole course, played a 146yd par three with 9 iron. First time the ball mark was a foot left of the hole, and the ball a foot to the right. The second nine, the ball mark was a foot to the right of the hole, and the ball a foot to the left!! Go freakin figure! I have never came so close before, or after........well......for the exception of playing the Nattawassaga on a 168yd par 3 (if memory serves correct) I hit my 7 iron right at it, it wacked off the flag on the fly half way up and took off 30 feet off the green!

I did have an eagle on a par 4 this weekend though! 333yd par 4.....driver to 40 yards.....knockdown spinning 56* wedge took two skips and trickled in the hole!!
    "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by wayland
      I feel your pain. I was inside 2 inches for an ace, then made my 1st birdie, and that was no thrill. I lipped out several 40 footers for birdie then I get the real easy one.
      Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
      Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
      Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

I too feel your pain, it has been just over 3 years since my last, which was my 3rd Hole In One. Sooner or later another one is going to drop! At least my Doctor has not passed me in that department, he is stuck on 3 as well.

Comment

Nice going Wayland! At least this time it wasn't an hour and half drive for nothing. LOL

The closest I've been on a par3 for an ace was about 10inches. On a par4 I hit my second shot to 4inches of the cup. Today I almost holed out with my third shot on a par5. ARGH! Other than that, my game has been less than stellar as of late. I'm in a slump!!!

Comment

Ah so close! Keep it up. When you do get your Hole-in-One, it will be spectacular and expensive (bar bill)!

Comment

my 2nd season and I have come close 2 times, 115yard pitching wedge came short about a feet and my 2nd one was 125yard 9iron missed by 4 inches!!!!
              Driver : TaylorMade R11s 460cc 10.5*
              Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz 3 wood
              Irons : PING G20 4-PW
              Wedges : Cleveland RTX 588 52 & 60
              Putter : Odyssey Metal-X 2-Ball Putter
              Ball : TaylorMade Penta

Comment

at the playboy golf scramble last year..i was less than a foot away from winning a cadillac xlr...DOH!

at least i got lots of hugs from the bunnies for the almost hole in one! HAHAH
                M1 10.5
                910F 15 w/ NV 55s
                Adams 21 w/ RIP VS Proto
                710 AP2 4-PW
                SM 52 56 60
                Studio Select Turbo Blue Newport 2 34"

Comment

One of our members today sliced a drive from the 4th hole, at Don Valley Golf course way right towards the adjacent par 3, 5th hole green. We all loudly yelled "fore" as the ball flew out of sight over some trees, towards the green, where we could see a group of players ahead of us approaching the green.

Shortly after we crossed paths with the group who excitedly told us the ball came inches within going right into the cup for a "hole in one" - they moved it off the green, to finish their hole.

When we played the 5th hole, the same group member knocked his 125 yard tee shot to within about a foot of the hole, coming so close to scoring two "holes in one", on the same hole, in the same round.

Would have been a record of some sort I suppose had both balls gone in.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by wayland View Post

I had two close ones on consecutive holes ... First was #1 - par 4 260 yards a foot short of the hole, Second was #2 165 yards - on the lip.... I also eagled the 3rd with a long putt and then the skies opened up and the course was closed...

Comment

Been there brother,next time its in

Comment

I guess you can blame the back spin LOL.. I got lucky on mine last week, landed 4 feet below the hole but actually rolled forward and in !!
                        Driver : TaylorMade R11s 460cc 10.5*
                        Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz 3 wood
                        Irons : PING G20 4-PW
                        Wedges : Cleveland RTX 588 52 & 60
                        Putter : Odyssey Metal-X 2-Ball Putter
                        Ball : TaylorMade Penta

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,543   Posts: 1,814,918   Members: 47,104   Active Members: 171
                        Welcome to our newest member, kaze1234ify.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                        X