Collapse

Going Relatively LOW!!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Relatively LOW!!

So I've been golfing for 3 seasons now, I just started regularly breaking 100 but 100+ are still highly likely. I thought to myself at the beginning of the year scoring 95 ish on average was good and if I shoot 90 or 91 or something low 90's I'd be quite happy. I play a lot of 9 holes after work at my home course and have shot 44 around par 37, which was amazing. but still throw up the odd 50+. I'd been playing a real tough 18 hole course where I struggle to get under 100 so I always thought the 44 around the 9 would unlikely get me to break 90. I finally got a chance to play a full 18 at my home course which is slightly easier (Bushwood GC). Finished the round and my buddy says damn you shot 83. I had to recount of course, 44 front nine (par37), 39 back (par35) no birdies, my previous best round was 96 or something like that. I was exstatic, but also kind of sad as I don't think i'll be able to go that low again in a while. Anyways that's my story who else has a "cool" story for the first time they went crazy low, relatively of course.

Cheers,
    D

Re: Going Relatively LOW!!

That's an awesome drop in score.

I've had a similar story to you, took up golfing seriously last year and was shooting in the mid 90s.

This year I've dropped to the mid 80s. So I know the feeling! Congratulations, here's hoping the next time you surprise yourself its a score in the 70s.

Comment

It feels good when everything comes together doesn't it.

I shot a 76 at Beaverdale once. That's about 6 strokes better than my average at the time. Unfortunately I have not had a repeat.
      In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
      and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by d5fox View Post
        So I've been golfing for 3 seasons now, I just started regularly breaking 100 but 100+ are still highly likely. I thought to myself at the beginning of the year scoring 95 ish on average was good and if I shoot 90 or 91 or something low 90's I'd be quite happy. I play a lot of 9 holes after work at my home course and have shot 44 around par 37, which was amazing. but still throw up the odd 50+. I'd been playing a real tough 18 hole course where I struggle to get under 100 so I always thought the 44 around the 9 would unlikely get me to break 90. I finally got a chance to play a full 18 at my home course which is slightly easier (Bushwood GC). Finished the round and my buddy says damn you shot 83. I had to recount of course, 44 front nine (par37), 39 back (par35) no birdies, my previous best round was 96 or something like that. I was exstatic, but also kind of sad as I don't think i'll be able to go that low again in a while. Anyways that's my story who else has a "cool" story for the first time they went crazy low, relatively of course.

Cheers,
        D
        Nicely done.

Think of this as you playing up to your potential.
        Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
        Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
        Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
        Ping G400 4H - 22*
        Ping G400 5 - UW
        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
        Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
        Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

it might take a while but you will do it again. I shot a 78 about 6 years ago which was my first time breaking 80 and my previous best score was 82. This year I finally beat it and shot a 76.
          Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
          3W - Taylormade M4
          5 wood - Callaway X Hot
          4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
          Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
          Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
          Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by d5fox View Post

Cheers,
            D
            That's a good drop in score. Interesting that you didn't really know you were scoring well, might have helped. Keep it going.
            WITB
            9.5 Nike Covert
            15 TM Rocketballz
            3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
            52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
            TM White Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by hoganapexplus View Post
              That's a good drop in score. Interesting that you didn't really know you were scoring well, might have helped. Keep it going.
              I think that is the main thing to take into consideration. Don't try to focus on the end result but rather the current hole and shot you are about to take. If you start thinking ahead to what you potentially can get it plays with your head.

2 weeks ago I did amazingly well on the front (just by keep a slight track in my head) and decent on the back. Didn't once calculate or look at my score until the end of the round and ended up shooting my best ever, 79. First time breaking 80 in my life(16 handicap)

Comment

Originally posted by hoganapexplus View Post
                Agreed...earlier in May, I started par, double, triple...stopped caring about going low...played the next 15 holes +1 to finish with a 78! First time I broke 80.

Now I just play with more of a 'don't worry about score' vibe and generally play and score better and have more fun.

Funny how that takes so long to figure out...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X