/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Anyone brave the weather today?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post
    Got out yesterday for what was supposed to be a nice 12 degree day. But the wind was howling at our course and never felt much higher than 5. Four layers remained on. Still, being out on the course was great.
    I dressed for the cold , thankfully ,it was 10* when I finished 9 holes and I thought no way it was that warm.

Comment

Got out yesterday for what was supposed to be a nice 12 degree day. But the wind was howling at our course and never felt much higher than 5. Four layers remained on. Still, being out on the course was great.
      ...3W or the "big dog" of the tee,
      Last edited by veryold; Nov 20, 2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veryold View Post
        ...3W or the "big dog" of the tee,
        Abandoned the driver after 3 attempts. 3 and 5 wood to the rescue as usual. I need to figure the driver out. Lessons likely.

Comment

I played 36 yesterday and it was windy and coolish in the morning, but walked the 2nd 18 after lunch and didn't need a jacket or sweater for it. Wind was a club stronger in the am. Teed off at 8:30 this morning and not jacket or sweater required. Wind was as strong as yesterday morning on the back nine but today is/was shorts temps/weather.....190 golfers at our course today !
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I played 36 yesterday and it was windy and coolish in the morning, but walked the 2nd 18 after lunch and didn't need a jacket or sweater for it. Wind was a club stronger in the am. Teed off at 8:30 this morning and not jacket or sweater required. Wind was as strong as yesterday morning on the back nine but today is/was shorts temps/weather.....190 golfers at our course today !
            Wow clearly different than our place as I too played after lunch, four layers and all. Didn't think to look far enough ahead to book today and bam, packed.

Comment

• OK, scratching my plans for tomorrow. After listening to our Prime Minister Trudeau and our Premier Ford about the dire new COVID situation, and their pleas to help the situation, my dear Wife and I decided to completely "self isolate" as our token effort to help in not getting infected and not infecting others. So NO BUSING, NO SHOPPING (other than grocery) AND UNFORTUNATELY, NO Golfing TILL PROBABLY NEXT APRIL IF ALL GOES WELL etc, etc....

Tomorrow will be much easier to get tee times, +5* and cloudy, so if I'm still upright tomorrow here i come to Derrydale late aft, no booking required, LOL. Will be delighted If anyone wanted to join me, around 2:30 pm.
              But Sunday is "reserved" for the REAL Golf Nuts
              Last edited by veryold; Nov 20, 2020, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Great day out there today ,it did get windy after the 9th.

Comment

• Can anyone confirm what courses in the North-East GTA are open this weekend and how to contact them?

I would like to get in 9 holes just before sunset.

I have tried calling Parkview, Rolling Hills and Foxbridge and cannot get anyone to pick-up a telephone or respond to an e-mail.

Comment

• Drove by Parkview the other day on the way to my club to pick up my clubs and cart and they looked like they were closed, ?
                    Thomas4golf

Titleist TS2 / Kuro-Kage Black Dual Core
                    Callaway XR Hybrids, 4,5,6 / Accra i-Series
                    6 - PW Miura TC-201- Mitsubishi MMT 60
                    Miura Tour Wedge, 52* 56* 60* / Project X LZ
                    Taylormade Spider X Chalk # 3
                    SM C-130 Cart Bag
                    Stewart X9 Remote
                    Leupold GX/3i
                    Member of Cedar Brae G&C Club

Comment

• Originally posted by hannah View Post
                      Drove by Parkview the other day on the way to my club to pick up my clubs and cart and they looked like they were closed, ?

No. It was packed today.

Comment

• Originally posted by hannah View Post
                        Drove by Parkview the other day on the way to my club to pick up my clubs and cart and they looked like they were closed, ?
                        I know that on Wednesday morning they did not open. We showed up, but there was a thin coat of snow on the greens and they were not allowing anyone on at the time. The snow did not gather on the other turf.

Not sure when they did start letting people on, but on Friday when I went, one could see extensive remnants of cart tracks on the fairways. The grass in the tracks was discoloured and looked damaged. Got the feeling they re-opened too soon.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Very busy at columbus, even with this cold

Comment

• Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

I know that on Wednesday morning they did not open. We showed up, but there was a thin coat of snow on the greens and they were not allowing anyone on at the time. The snow did not gather on the other turf.

Not sure when they did start letting people on, but on Friday when I went, one could see extensive remnants of cart tracks on the fairways. The grass in the tracks was discoloured and looked damaged. Got the feeling they re-opened too soon.

It was around noon when I went to the club on Wednesday, clubs will stay open as long as they can I guess, our club, C.B closed last week , same time every year to prep the course for the winter.
                            Thomas4golf

Titleist TS2 / Kuro-Kage Black Dual Core
                            Callaway XR Hybrids, 4,5,6 / Accra i-Series
                            6 - PW Miura TC-201- Mitsubishi MMT 60
                            Miura Tour Wedge, 52* 56* 60* / Project X LZ
                            Taylormade Spider X Chalk # 3
                            SM C-130 Cart Bag
                            Stewart X9 Remote
                            Leupold GX/3i
                            Member of Cedar Brae G&C Club

Comment

• We had over 130 golfers today, essentially every tee time packed from 9am to 240.
                              that is pretty incredible for a cold ( high of 4*C) and windy November 21st.

other threads have had comments about new golfers not sticking with the game , and while I agree that some wont, well if today any indication ...many "beginners" several families with their kids, and no offence meant but quite a few women golfers. In a normal year we probably see 30-40 die hards and cant recall from last few seasons and kids, families and this many female golfers out braving the very cold temps......as I have stated many times already, covid19 has been fantastic for golf and the best thing for the game in 20 years. luv it !!!
                              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Great day today. Got 27 holes in at Pineknot. New irons in the bag.
                                Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                                TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
                                Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
                                Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
                                Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
                                Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                                Ping Hoofer

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...