/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Anyone brave the weather today?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
    Great day today. Got 27 holes in at Pineknot. New irons in the bag.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	56E9A3AF-A4F6-4373-BECB-8D8C498CAAB8.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	3273467
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
      We had over 130 golfers today, essentially every tee time packed from 9am to 240.
      that is pretty incredible for a cold ( high of 4*C) and windy November 21st.

other threads have had comments about new golfers not sticking with the game , and while I agree that some wont, well if today any indication ...many "beginners" several families with their kids, and no offence meant but quite a few women golfers. In a normal year we probably see 30-40 die hards and cant recall from last few seasons and kids, families and this many female golfers out braving the very cold temps......as I have stated many times already, covid19 has been fantastic for golf and the best thing for the game in 20 years. luv it !!!
      Someone needs to tell these newbie golfers that golf is a seasonal sport not to be played in temps below 10*c, so they leave the courses in the shoulder seasons to the hard core die-hards willing to risk hypothermia and frostbite for the sake of bouncing rock hard congealed balls on frozen turf.

Sheesh.....next thing you know there will be nothing left to distinguish your regular fair-weather golfer from true GOLF NUTS.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Played Remington yesterday. Course was packed but our foursome got around in 3.5 hours. Guess the cold weather keeps people moving. Don't think it got above 6 degrees but with very little wind it was quite comfortable. Didn't look like they were trying to stick to 10 min. tee time intervals with groups going out one after the other as quickly as possible. Course was in remarkably good shape, greens actually pretty quick. Was able to book another foursome for next Saturday (Nov. 28th), hopefully the weather holds.

What's in the Sun Mountain bag?
        Taylormade M2
        Cobra Fly Z 3 & 5
        Calloway Apex CF16 - 4 to PW
        Mac Daddy 50*
        Titliest 56* & 60*
        Scotty Cameron Monterey
        ProV1X

Comment

• I played nine at Cambridge yesterday afternoon. The course seemed steady but not too busy. Today was supposed to be their last day, but I’m guessing with the snow they won’t bother opening.

Comment

• Here they are
            Attached Files
            Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
            TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
            Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
            Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
            Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
            Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
            Ping Hoofer

Comment

• The boys and I got in 14 holes before the accumulation of snow made it impossible to continue ,

Comment

• Got an email advising Remington Parkview will not be opening tomorrow.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Originally posted by nearace View Post
                  The boys and I got in 14 holes before the accumulation of snow made it impossible to continue ,
                  Congratulations. We did not get out early enough to play. Which course did you play?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Congratulations. We did not get out early enough to play. Which course did you play?
                    Columbus gc .

Comment

• Originally posted by nearace View Post

Columbus gc .
                      Thanks. Seems to be the east end 'go to' course for late season play. Do you know if it will stay open for a while?
                      Looks like I won't be able to spend much time at work next week.

Comment

• Our 9th hole today. No I wasn't there. Tuesday looking doubtful. Friday booked. Crossing fingers.

Name:	IMG_20201122_150048_01.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	3273953

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                          Our 9th hole today. No I wasn't there. Tuesday looking doubtful. Friday booked. Crossing fingers.

Name:	IMG_20201122_150048_01.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	3273953
                          If you come a little bit more north (like 600 kms) . . . there is absolutely NO snow . . . I really feel bad for you guys . . .
                          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Thanks. Seems to be the east end 'go to' course for late season play. Do you know if it will stay open for a while?
                            Looks like I won't be able to spend much time at work next week.
                            They say the end of the month.

Comment

• I used to love posting in this thread, playing Pine Knot and Tarandowah rounds in Nov Dec Jan Feb. I have a simulator in the garage now and have zero desire to play in the cold and wind. Loving being able to play 18 holes or more a day without freezing and getting wet. Guess I'm a fair weather golfer now!
                              Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                              Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                              Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                              Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                              Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                              Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
                              Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
                              Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
                              Ping Scottsdale Putter
                              Sun Mountain Bag
                              Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

• Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
                                I used to love posting in this thread, playing Pine Knot and Tarandowah rounds in Nov Dec Jan Feb. I have a simulator in the garage now and have zero desire to play in the cold and wind. Loving being able to play 18 holes or more a day without freezing and getting wet. Guess I'm a fair weather golfer now!
                                Using a sim is like having sex with a blow up doll....might satisfy some but not for those of us who enjoy and prefer the real thing.

a sex doll with Nancy Peloso's face at that
                                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X