Collapse

Anyone brave the weather today?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
    Well....departed @ noon today after 13 holes. It got up to 32* with the humidex...and no wind, not even a breeze, in the lower portion of the back 9.

Finishing (walking) would have meant dragging myself through the last holes, just to say I did it - but was not having fun at that point, so called it a day.

Just not as tolerant of the heat as I used to be.
    I applaud you for walking ,i dont think i saw a walker today.

Comment

• Originally posted by nearace View Post

Funny you mentioned about the mind wandering I was getting light headed at times when bending over
      Come to think of it Howie, my mind started to drift right after bending over to put my ball on a low tee for the par 3!!
      U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

• Played two hours of tennis doubles - started at 11:30am - now back home cooling down - that’s a hit one out there.

Comment

• Went out at 8:30 this morning - walking and were done just after Noon. It was a perfect morning for golf.
          Last edited by 4wedges; Jul 7, 2024, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• I walked and carried today. Perhaps my age is catching up to me....
            Wiped out

Comment

• Not sure if I remember such a perfect weekend golfing in a long time (Ontario that is). Too bad my game is getting worse and worse of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
                Not sure if I remember such a perfect weekend golfing in a long time (Ontario that is). Too bad my game is getting worse and worse of late.
                My short game is probably the best it has ever been and I am holding on to my 11.5 Index by a thread, but I have lost so much distance with aging and arthritis that it puts pressure on my psyche

Comment

• To use the Tiger Woods quote: "It was (will be) TUFF out there today, but I played well ..." --- the first part will be 100% true today, hope the 2nd part comes true as well

...still planning to walk front 9 and ride the back 9 (Braeben ) but my Wise and Beautiful Wife "suggests" against walking. I'm 100% sure that when all is done, I should've listenned to her --- we should have many more Women Leaders in the World ...
                  Last edited by veryold; Jul 8, 2024, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Walked 18 on Saturday the 6th. Later in the day it was quite pleasant.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimfastcar View Post

My short game is probably the best it has ever been and I am holding on to my 11.5 Index by a thread, but I have lost so much distance with aging and arthritis that it puts pressure on my psyche
                      I'm sure most will agree with the last statement,

Comment

• I played Scarlett Woods today at midday. Rain started on the 3rd hole, by the 9th it was torrential, didn't let up until the 15th, was sunny for the last 2 holes.

I only saw one other group all round, 3 kids doing golf camp, probably with nothing else to do - felt like I had the entire course to myself - got around in just over 2 hours.

Once I was fully soaked, it was actually a lot of fun, except for when my gloves got so wet, I let go of my club mid swing, and almost hit a tree.

Comment

• Originally posted by hbomb View Post

Once I was fully soaked, it was actually a lot of fun, except for when my gloves got so wet, I let go of my club mid swing, and almost hit a tree.
                          Oops.

Comment

• Really hot out there today, looked for shade on every hole

Comment

• Walked 18 today. The pro shop 'advised that we ride' due to the temperature.
                              The first 9 was a little bit of a struggle. Cooled down somewhat for the back 9.
                              Consumed 4 very large (Yeti style water bottles) of fluid, without having to 'relieve myself'. So must have sweated it out.

Comment

• Walked 18 this morning, the back nine was the “Valley” course so there were pockets where there was no breeze. Those were extremely hot places. Have to admit, it took a lot out of me.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                                X