Collapse

Anyone brave the weather today?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
    I had my first sub par round in quite a few years 2 weeks ago and sadly have shot 86,88,85 in my 3 outings since. I'm a 10.4 handicap so the -1 was an aberration but where does that come from and why cant it stay
    We must enjoy them when they pop up. I’ve posted a couple of good scores this year then when you think the game is coming along you post scores 10 above your handicap, at that point I want to sell my clubs. Lol

I’m a below average putter and did not make one putt over 4ft today. If I roll a couple in there is the par round.

Comment

• Tough day out there today, wind was a killer.my second shots where poor but was chipping great .

Comment

• turned in one of my best striking rounds of the year today....till the 13th hole where i started spraying the driver a bit. Still, for Nov 7, this is pretty sweet golfing weather and most of the leaves are still on the trees so no balls lost...that didnt deserve to be lost anyway.

Comment

• Just packing in the "local" 2018 season at Glencairn. Very, very windy and freezing today and many fairways soaked with the recent deluges of rain, but golf! That bowl of steaming steak and potato soup almost warmed me enough to try another nine, but common sense kicked in. Outside of the greens and tee blocks that have just been aerated, the course was in great shape. Too bad we are suffering through an incredibly cold stretch to end our season. All in all another great year.
          Countdown to the 2019 season already started. Can't wait.
          To all TGN members - Winter well!
          Last edited by trebor; Nov 8, 2018, 07:57 PM.
          No good deed goes unpunished.
          A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

• Played Savannah in Cambridge this morning, and enjoyed the round as temps were fine and the wind not too blustery.

FYI - my "new" Ping G400 3 wood, care of the GT demo sale, was freakin' great -> that is one club that just wants to go straight ! Savannah is course where you often don't need Driver on the Par 4's , especially on the back 9, so that 3 wood saw lots of action.

Tomorrow I'm off to Tarandowah with ManFromMoffat for some links-style action and matching weather
            🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
            Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
            Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
            Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
            Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
            Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
            Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
            Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

• I was going to play Friday, but unless the all-day rain forecast changes, I might chicken out

What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
              TM Rescue 17*
              TM M2 4-AW
              TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
              Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

• Played Kedron dell this morning and it was great. The winds weren’t that bad like others mentioned. If I didn’t have to work tomorrow I would play again as it’s suppose to be another decent day

Comment

• Played lakeview as a single. Went off around 12:30-12:40. Was actually quite a decent day weather wise and the course weathered the rain well. Also, was a great scoring round so not a bad way to end the year!

Comment

• Went out 12:30, 1st 3 holes on the cool side but when I got into the valley it was fine, nobody around as everyone was out this morning, played 3-4 balls off the tee, same thing from the fairway, just played a lot of different shots, great way to end the year,
                    Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
                    Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
                    Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
                    Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
                    Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
                    Pro V1x Left Dash
                    Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
                    Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

• Played Wednesday...it was definitely chilly...no sun, some rain, and wind.
                      Last round today at SC South. Weather should be better.

Comment

• Hit Twenty Valley yesterday (Wednesday) and while there were a few brief moments of sun, for the most part it was cloudy. And WINDY! Temps got up to 11*, but the wind chilled that a bit. Gusts up to 50+ kph, particularly noticeable on the hill on #18 coming home.

Enjoyed it nonetheless.

_______
                        NQRfPT

Comment

• Played Braeben yesterday... SUPER windy, managed to finish the round in 3 hours tho, and the condition was still great!! Question is... why were they still watering the lawn with all the rain and late in the season?

Comment

• Played Ballantrae yesterday.
                            $40 walking.
                            About 30-40 clicks wind definitely not the windiest day there I have played.
                            Course is still in great shaft especially the blue tee boxes.
                            Greens are fast still tricky as usual.
                            All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fuji Atmos Red
                            4-wood : Tour Edge Lift-Off AnyLie 16.5°
                            3-PW : Nike Victory Red II ProCombo
                            Wedges : Nike VRII 52-degree / 58-degree
                            Putter : Odyssey White Ice #9

Comment

• Played columbus, very busy and a chilly breeze .I played the back nine first first 3 holes where packed.played 9 fast then played 1 and 2 and met up with the crowd.I hit the car and came home.the pace of play made It feel colder than it was when it became a wait after every shot.

Comment

• Got out to Braeben late morning today and played as a single for 9 holes. Weather forecast a bit off. Freezing rain/snow mix on the 5th made things interesting. Felt like 2° but once you are out it’s not so bad if you stay dry.

They were cutting down all the fescue/rough which churned up a tonne of balls. Picked up about 15. Gave the majority of them to the guy I hooked up with as he was fairly new to the game. Only 1 Pro-V in the bunch.

White tees only. Played 2 balls on the front 9, scoring 43 and 41. Played with a guy on the back nine. The winds were starting to howl as they always do there, 2-3 club wind. Shot a personal best 35. Nice way to finish the season. Only took me 7 months to get my game dialed-in. lol

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X