Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's still playing? The cold weather Golf thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eastend Golfer View Post

If the snow thaws out quickly enough from some sustained warmup, then I plan to either hit this course or the Four Seasons Golf Course. Meanwhile, I am golfing at Virtual Golf Simulator on Woodbine / Esna Park, Markham, and have got to really like this location.
    Might have to check out that place, because I don't think we are going to lose this snow cover any time soon.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastend Golfer View Post

If the snow thaws out quickly enough from some sustained warmup, then I plan to either hit this course or the Four Seasons Golf Course. Meanwhile, I am golfing at Virtual Golf Simulator on Woodbine / Esna Park, Markham, and have got to really like this location.
      I played yesterday at Tees & Cues in Oshawa. The place was packed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

I played yesterday at Tees & Cues in Oshawa. The place was packed.
        What about the snow? Wasn't it cold?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

Might have to check out that place, because I don't think we are going to lose this snow cover any time soon.
          Yes, we (me & Toughpar3) played there last Sunday. Nice spot. We played Bethpage Black, which was a lot of fun. Most people choose Pebble Beach. We didn't use the 'tilting' floor sim ( I think there's 2 bays for that), but we did take a Private Room which was nice. Worked out to $60/each all-in (we both had a beer), so it's not inexpensive, but this is their PRIMETIME!
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

What about the snow? Wasn't it cold?
            http://www.teesandcues.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
              Gotcha. Thanks.

Comment

• With the temperatures early today and snow melt overnight due to the rain, I could not resist getting out to Annandale this morning.

There was almost an hour and a half window from 9am without rain. Six of the ten holes were (by my standards) playable. The others either still had too much snow on them or were inundated with standing or flowing water.

I thought other die-hards would be out, but I was the only person on the course. Maybe that says somethingɂ

With the snow melt there were an incredible number of balls to be found all over the place. I was playing all that I came across, ending on one occasion with 6 balls on the green.

Got some good shots in and felt great to be out again.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Well done

Comment

With the temperatures early today and snow melt overnight due to the rain, I could not resist getting out to Annandale this morning.

There was almost an hour and a half window from 9am without rain. Six of the ten holes were (by my standards) playable. The others either still had too much snow on them or were inundated with standing or flowing water.

I thought other die-hards would be out, but I was the only person on the course. Maybe that says somethingɂ

With the snow melt there were an incredible number of balls to be found all over the place. I was playing all that I came across, ending on one occasion with 6 balls on the green.

You're a legitimate golf NUT! Hope you had a good time.

Comment

With the temperatures early today and snow melt overnight due to the rain, I could not resist getting out to Annandale this morning.

Excellent. Congratulations. Glad to see that someone took advantage of the warm weather and snow melt.

Comment

• Very impressed! Id have given it a go if I thought I could get there.

Comment

That's awesome, glad someone around here got out for a Jan round!
                          Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                          Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                          Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                          Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                          Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                          Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
                          Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
                          Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
                          Ping Scottsdale Putter
                          Sun Mountain Bag
                          Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

• Two rounds in 38 degrees this weekend. Absolute torture. Not my preferred conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny canuck View Post
                              Two rounds in 38 degrees this weekend. Absolute torture. Not my preferred conditions.
                              Where did you play?
                              Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                              Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                              Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                              Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                              Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                              Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
                              Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
                              Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
                              Ping Scottsdale Putter
                              Sun Mountain Bag
                              Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

• Originally posted by elmeroil View Post

Where did you play?
                                Gosnells GC.

I was being a bit facetious. It was 38 degrees Celsius. Way too hot for my Canadian blood. It got to the point where I was getting distances from my rangefinder, getting over the ball and having no idea what my yardage was.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X